96 Yamaha saltwater 225 V76 inconsistent rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 Yamaha saltwater 225 V76 inconsistent rpm

I am having problems with my engine changing rpm at any throtle position, will go up and down by 300 rpm. It does this in a smooth but inconsitant manor. I have checked compression 115 on all cylinders. I have checked my tps at full closed throttle I get 0.51 volts and gradually increases to 4.02 at full throttle. It feels to have about the same vacume drawing into the carbs. My fuel enrichment system doesn't show any leakage into the carbs. My fuel pumps test good. I don't see any flooding at any rpm.I pulled each carb loose to see reed valves and they seem to be sealing. I did do a no-no and adjusted the pilot screws out about a half turn more and it seems to hold a more consistent idle but made no change in higher throttle positions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I failed to say the rpm change by about 300 at idle and up about 2200 it will change by about 300 but at full throttle the rpms will range from as low as 4700 to 5400 rpm. The higher the throttle the more it changes.
    Last edited by frankjohnson; 03-08-2015, 06:45 PM.
Working...
X