2011 T60 installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 T60 installation

I am installing a 2011 Yamaha T60 on my 18 foot fishing boat, I have throttle and shift cables and a 703 remote box with tilt and over temp buzzer installed.
    Question 1. What are the wires emerging from the contro box for?
    Question 2 I want to install a Yamaha analog tach with over temp warning, a trim gauge and water temp gauge. What do I need to do so and where is there a good wiring legend...I have the owners manual and shop manual from yamaha for my boat
    Thank you for your interest and time
    Larry

do yourself a favor.
    buy the correct harness from the control box to the instruments.
    buy the correct harness from the engine to the instruments.
    buy a 6y5 digital guage.
    the 6y5 will display trim,oil alarm visual.
    overtemp alarm visual and engine hours.

you will find a temp gauge on an outboard is a complete waste of money.

trust me by the time you see its overheated you will already have RPM reduction,audible alarm and a visual indicate.

same with oil pressure.

Boscoe has posted all the part numbers and most likely will again.

Comment

It is all in the Yamaha rigging MRP catalog.

I will agree that the temperature gauge is not so good for warning of an over temperature (you will probably hear the warning horn before you notice high temperature on the gauge) but I do find one useful for trend monitoring. But then I have never met a gauge that I did not like. Too many gauges are just right for Boscoe. Boscoe be old school.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Comment

Thanks for the immediate support guys. I have the -10 -00 harness you specified, the engine square plug has blade pins that are about 2 mm wide... Didn't see a plug that fit my impression of what it should plug in to. I see from the diagram that it branches off the motor side of the ten pin main harness.
        I'll have to look closer. ( did find two or three on the port side of the motor but they were larger and had round contacts)
        Thanks,
        Larry

Comment

In the front of the engine pan you will find the ivory coloured nylon four pin connector that will connect to the trim/oil harness. Keep looking.

The connector from the motor will have pins inside of it. Flat ones. They will plug into a connector on the trim/oil harness that has sockets. Rectangular ones.

At the other end of the trim/oil harness the connector will have pins inside of it. Flat ones. They will plug into a connector on the tachometer that has sockets. Rectangular ones that fit the flat pins.

Obviously the MRP catalog was not opened and view.

I buy the books, send them to school and the pages get eaten.

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

Probably will get another infraction.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe, I'll take a look again, just couldn't find the tach harness plug.
            Thanks for the help
            Larry

Comment

The tachometer itself gets its power, ground and tachometer signal from the ten pin harness via a small fused harness.

The trim/oil harness is connected to the tachometer solely for the purpose of turning on the warning lights.

Comment

is it me or is there a color picture showing the control box and the harness?

Comment

You are absolutely correct,; it is on page 2-2, or 13/328 of the rigging estimator guide, but not in the yamaha shop manual. Thankfully the knowledge of senior forum members helped a newbie find it

Comment

Service (shop) manuals cover the motor only. No control box, no control cables, no gauges, etc., etc., etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X