Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vmax 150, ZX 190 Kill Switch Wiring

Hey guys,

I have a 2008 Skeeter ZX 190 with a 2007 Vmax Carbuerated 150.(V150LTR).

I have an issue with the kill switch, it is basically inoperable, but instead of not allowing the boat to start, it is the exact opposite, the kill switch will not kill the engine when the lanyard becomes detached.

The kill switch is located on the Yamaha gearshift assembly, and is the plunger type. After examination, it appears that the plunger moves like it should in and out. So, I'm wondering if the previous owner may have bypassed the kill switch altogether.

So, my question is: Does anyone know which color wires are the ones the kill switch SHOULD be wired to at the ignition switch? Or where I can find the wiring diagrams?

I've ordered a new switch, but if the switch isn't faulty, I'm going to have to trace those wires.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Black and white.

Black is ground. When the ground is applied to the white wire the motor should stop running. The switch is open when the lanyard clip is installed and closed when the lanyard clip is pulled from the switch.

What type of control box?

Comment

I guess I don't know what a control box is boscoe, can you give me insight, so I can look and see?

Comment

the controls that you shift and add throttle

Comment

Yamaha shifter:

Comment

Technically it is a remote control assembly. I presume that the boat has a hot foot.

2006 and Later Rigging Yamaha Outboard CONTROL SIDE FLUSH PREMIUM Diagram and Parts

Comment

Working...
            X