Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke 2004 F25TLRC flooding out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke 2004 F25TLRC flooding out

Last year my brother gave me his boat with a Yamaha 25 hp 4 stroke 2004 F25TLRC engine (S/N: 65WL1012006). My son and I cleaned up the fuel system and got it running. It starts well when cold, but after running for awhile (with water muffs on, of course) it starts to miss, as if it's dropping a cylinder in and out. After that it won't idle, and it won't restart until is sits awhile. So I suspect it's flooding out. If it had a choke I'd think the choke was stuck on, but I understand it has a primestart feature. Apparently some Yamaha motors with this have a red lever to select operating mode, and I'd like to check that to see if it's in the wrong setting (i.e. always on), but I can't find the magic red lever. Any suggestions?

see if you can find the owners manual for that motor on line, it should give that info.

I have not messed with a F25 so I am of no help.

Maybe panasonic knows

Comment

Yamaha has several versions of "Prime start". I don't believe that yours has the red lever that you are referring to.
      It has a prime start system using a electro thermo needle that when cold is retracted letting fuel through a small passage to enrich the mixture for starting. When it starts then there is power applied to the needle assembly and the needle extends to close off the passage.

Look at your carb, there should be a white assy with two wires attached to it...that's the prime start.

If that is staying open after the engine is running and starts to warm up then it will flood. Like you said the same as leaving a normal choke on.

Comment

Working...
      X