2005 250 HPDI Oil feed Pump not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 250 HPDI Oil feed Pump not working

I was running boat and alarm sounded , checked out and discovered it was oil level alarm, the oil level in the motor reservoir was at or just below 50%, the level in remote oil tank is 95% full , activated emergency oil feed pump switch located on side of engine , nada , had to manually transfer oil from remote tank to engine reservoir with ziplock baggy, messy but was able to get back in, What do you suggest I do to check out the oil supply pump and level switches?

First thing I would check is to see if the electric oil pump is operable.

If it is, then next thing I would check is the oil filter/strainer.

If it is not the pump or the strainer then it could very well be power to the electric pump or the ground to the pump.

Trouble shooting is required. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Agree, start by checking for power or obstructions. Flip the engine-mounted emergency switch and listen for the pump to activate. If yes, then it's an obstruction, starting at filter and then to engine tank. If no, then proceed with checking for power - at switch, at pump, etc.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

The first thing you should do is do a 5 minute search on here, this has been covered in minute detail 1,000's of times, do NOT start second guessing and fooling about with sounds like and maybes, it is a simple system if you know what to do.

Comment

Working...
        X