No announcement yet.

F150 Synch & Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in Costa Rica now. When I get home on the 25th I will send you the pages from the latest service manual.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, that would be great.
      Kirk

Comment

dude.
        I will say it again .
        or play it again sam.

there is NO updated manual.

the F150 hasn't changed enough yet.

there is a tech bulliten.

mostly its simply can a tech figure out what part is missing.

its so stupidly simple an average 10 yr old should be able to deal with it.
        yet I see experienced techs get their arses handed to them.

goes back to that stupid laptop and that stupid ECU.

they fail to realize the smartest part of the diagnostic program is supposed to be a few inchs above the shoulders and about center in the skull.

Comment

OK

dude,
          again, I never said anything about an updated "manual"... thread 16 mentioned there was an update so I was asking about the "update".
          Since his version is newer than mine how was I supposed to know that it was just a tech bulletin designed to see if techs could find a missing part?

BTW what kind of tech bulletin checks to see if their techs can find a missing part?
          Sounds like that should be called a "training bulletin" to me. What is the point of the bulletin. Just out of curiosity is there any way we can all see the bulletin.

Thanks again,
          Kirk

Comment

ok

make that the first sentence in thread 15...sorry

Comment

I would just like a reference number for the bulletin. Please.

Gracias.

Comment

Boscoe99 you catchin anything besides a buzz down there in CR?

Comment

Just a buzz so far. I was in the interior until today. Now in Golfito trying to set up something that is not so unreasonably priced.

Comment

Cant you just drill a small hole in the throttle plates ??Same as fooling the ISC ??

Comment

Shake

At this point I am just trying to find out what could be causing the slight shaking. Other than that the engine runs like a dream. Just seems odd to me that one engine runs like a dream and rock steady and the other runs like a dream and shakes a little. (very little)
                      I plan on doing a S&L when it warms up a little (soon) and just found the manual a little vague.
                      boscoe has a newer version manual than me and he said there is an updated procedure (see thread 15) but rodbolt says that it is nothing new there other than a bulletin.
                      Either way I don't think I would be drilling anything out.
                      There has to be a reason and a proper fix.
                      It still has 1 year left on the warranty.
                      I am not trying to beat any dead horses or ruffle anybody's feathers ...just thought the same symptoms may have happened to someone else or some less vague S&L info was available somewhere.
                      Thanks guys

Comment

My engine has a slight shake at idle and it idles at 600-700 rpms.. I think the little shake is most likely related to some more cylinder deposits, carbon,or tolerances slightly off due to some gas , varnish , or minor dirt deposits. I wouldn't mess with syncing.Might get in more trouble.. but its always interesting to see what makes thing tick..If its not stalling on takeoff , you got it right.

Comment

synching

I won't mess with the synch if it is within specs ...if not then I will be glad I checked and adjust it.
                          Thanks for your input.

Comment

home yet

Home yet boscoe99?
                            Thanks

Comment

Yes I am. Damnit.

Send me an email address via PM.

Thanks.

Comment

But the questions are
                                Did you get to do some fishing while down there?
                                And did you catch anything?

Comment

Working...
                                X