Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Well great!
    Seems I bought an earlier version (18616-02-51).
    So now I have to wonder what the newer version says by way of the synch and link!
    Does anybody have the newer version and can they copy and paste the procedure on here? (or at least what is different)
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
      Well great!
      Seems I bought an earlier version (18616-02-51).
      Both my paper and PDF are the same version as yours...
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Have you thought about doing a compression/ leak down test to make sure all cylinders are even and there is not a valve or ring problem?
        how about injector testing/cleaning?
        If it has had a shake from the beginning, you need to be looking at what can cause individual cylinders to be different from each other.

If there is not a way to adjust the throttle valves individually like Townsend posted, how do you expect to sync them individually?

Comment

Thanks

Yes I see that there is only an adjustment for 1-2 & 3-4 but if those two settings are adjusted to be as close to each other as they can be, then I would assume that that would be the objective of the synchronization. (I hope that makes sense...lol) The manual just is a little confusing.
          So are plates 1 & 4 the "set" plates and the synchronizing screw only adjusts plates 2 & 4 ??

Comment

By the way, piston engines are known to shake. That is what they do. The extent of the shake can be very subjective.

Some folks that drive a Mercedes type automobile think something is wrong with a perfectly good outboard motor, particularly if mounted on an aluminum boat.

Synchronization is just one part of the equation. Don't forget the link part. The throttle bodies have to also play nice with the IAC valve and the TPS.

Comment

I posted how to do it.
              you can use YDIS, a DMM and the test leads, a DMM and some paper clips.
              it works.
              its a long sometimes rant filled thread.

kinda like beating the dead horse on preciosion blend.
              I simply tire of reposting stuff that has been beat to death.

trust me you have no abby normal stuff going on.
              mostly a lack of knowledge on stupidly simple speed/density open loop EFI.

Comment

Thanks rodbolt

Thanks Rodbolt,
                The only thing I could find on this forum is the thread in HighSierras post of 2010 about his stalling F150.
                If it has been beat to death I can't seem to find any other mention of it.

Is this the thread you are referring to??
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                what we are going to do is actually mis adjust the TPS.
                insure all shutters are fully closed, then using the top screw slightly open all 4 shutters,then set the TPS voltage.
                what you want is the ISC to close down to about 40% instead of its typical 60-65%.
                the off idle stalling on the F150 is common, drove me nuts 3 years ago on my 07 F150.
                the biggest issue on the F150 is balancer failure.
                this failure will give many hours of warning, if you listen.
                starts out as a washing machine sound at idle.
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------

If so I will certainly give that a try ...that seems simple enough, but do you think I should try the method that they describe (or try to) in the manual first since what you describe above was to remedy a stalling problem?
                Mine isn't stalling.

Or is this your standard procedure when you perform a S & L ?

Thanks for your time ... I see you are out of KDH .... I do most of my running out of Cape Fear when I get the chance. Have also vacationed at Buxton and Frisco a couple of times but never had much luck fishing there...probably went at wrong time of year.
                Anyway, thanks again for your time ...I won't beat this horse any more.
                Kirk

Comment

Local dealer closed today due to snowstorm.
                  Hard to believe NOBODY has an up to date manual for the F150.
                  I'll find it somewhere ...somewhere on the net it has to have the updated
                  procedure.
                  The YDS cables and software I bought came with shop manuals but they were what I already had.
                  Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirk Gibson View Post
                    Local dealer closed today due to snowstorm.
                    Hard to believe NOBODY has an up to date manual for the F150.
                    I'll find it somewhere ...somewhere on the net it has to have the updated
                    procedure.
                    The YDS cables and software I bought came with shop manuals but they were what I already had.
                    Thanks for the help guys.
                    Should you find it, can you please post it if possible? Thanks and good luck...
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

that's because what your looking for fails to exist.
                      the post I went with high sierra will cover any issues related to ISC opening and stalling.
                      at idle what is YOUR ecm's ISC REQUEST.
                      remember that stupid ECM does NOT monitor the ISC.

Comment

Rod he has said there is not a stalling problem on this motor, just shaking while his other motor is not

Comment

Yes ...no stalling...just a very slight shake....
                          If I adjust the plates to get all 4 cylinders within 4kpa of each other (or even closer) then set my TPS ...isn't that the objective of the Synch & Link?
                          That's all I need to know. The manual makes it sound like you can adjust each cylinder but as I was informed 1&2 and 3&4 are grouped together.
                          So are 1&2 fixed and you bring 2&4 to match them ...as I only see one adjustment screw in the diagram.
                          I will do all this when it gets warmer ...right now the boat has 8 inches of snow on it.
                          Thanks

Comment

no help

Dealer doesn't seem to want to give out any info on any "updated" version of the S&L.
                            I'll figure out the "stupidly simple" problem.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

dude
                              its not that the dealership wont give "updated info" its that it simply does not exist.
                              if your a dealer you may,or may not have, gotten a tech bulliten.
                              Yamaha,like some others, wont print a new manual each year.
                              they only print a new manual when there are major mechanical changes.

so far the F150 has not changed much.
                              it will soon though.

Comment

Updated S&L

Yes I know they don't print a new manual each year.
                                Thread 15 said something about the "updated sync and link procedures" in a newer version of the manual than what I have.
                                That is why I thought there may have been something new that I didn't have or a clearer description of the procedure.
                                No problem, I'll figure it out.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X