2004 Yamaha 115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Yamaha 115

Im having problem around 3800Rpm*s after you run about 1/4 mile the alarm starts going ,I shut it down turn key off and right back on the alarm want be on I have changed the heat cencers change pop off valve water pump impeller .
    Went had a mechanic check if there was any restriction ,He cant find what it setting off the alarm.wounder if any one has had this problem.

Post model # and if you have gauges that show what alarm is coming in.

Comment

Maybe low oil setting off the alarm?....

Comment

Originally posted by truckrunner9 View Post
        Im having problem around 3800Rpm*s after you run about 1/4 mile the alarm starts going ,I shut it down turn key off and right back on the alarm want be on I have changed the heat cencers change pop off valve water pump impeller .
        Not sure what "back on the alarm" means?

When you re-start the engine, is it ok until you get the RPM's back to 3,800 RPM's?

Use of some periods and separate sentences would make it a bit easer to understand what's actually going on.
        Thanks..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

spell check would help also

Comment

How's it go, "my Ford needs an alternator?"
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by truckrunner9 View Post
              Went had a mechanic check if there was any restriction ,He cant find what it setting off the alarm.wounder if any one has had this problem.
              I have 130 Yamaha (which is more or less the same as the 115) and I had all sorts of problems with RPM reduction, alarms going off, etc etc.
              Bad or rusted electrical connections can cause the same symptoms. ie. RPM reduction and alarm.

I'll repeat a previous post for you. This may sort your problem out...

On advice from many learned folk on the forum, I cleaned carbs, fitted fuel pump kit checked oil reservoirs, etc. Nothing helped! My problem turned out to be the electrical feed from the battery! I had fitted a “kill switch” or battery isolator The thing was corroded and rusted inside! This was causing a voltage drop. I replaced this, cleaned my battery connections on both ends, engine and battery and PRESTO problem solved!!
              There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
              Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Comment

Working...
              X