HPDI 200 oil pump linkage adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HPDI 200 oil pump linkage adjustment

I've been trying to adjust my rod linkage after replacing the broken plastic tip. The manual says to set the lever just off the stop pin (.05mm)with the throttle plates closed but make sure that at full throttle the lever hits the full stop. There is no way for it to reach both stops. I've seen this issue posted on other sites but never got a usable answer. HELP!!
    thanks

what manual are you using?

Comment

I'm not sure, it was an internet page with illustrations, "it must be true"! It looked like my motor and my oil pump........the only thing I can think is that it must not have to reach the roll pin at full throttle. There's just no way to adjust it to reach both. For it to hit the stop at full throttle it would be 1/4 inch off the stop pin.

Comment

What model 200 HPDI do you have? Is it a big block or a small block model?

If it is a 3.3L VZ200 sounds like you don't have the updated information. A correction to the SM has been issued via a Yamaha technical bulletin.

Not sure if the SM was updated for the small block VZ200 or the Z200.

Comment

So, we don't know what model motor you are working on and you don't seem to know if you have the correct data for whatever model you do have.

A rodbolt "pithy" comment is in order here but I shall not post for rodbolt.

Comment

Thanks for not beating me up guys. It's a Z200 TXRC , 2004 model year

Comment

Here is some updated information that was provided by Yamaha with respect to the big block HPDI. The note that the stop is to be contacted has been removed.

I cannot find similar verbiage regarding the small block HPDI (your model) but I have got to believe that it is the same. That is, don't worry if it does not contact the stop.

Comment

Thanks Boscoe, got it!

Comment

even quicker way,
                  simply disconnect the lower two throttles.
                  the set the stopper to arm clearance.
                  the use the seloc and Clymer manuals for out house use only.

some of the early kien pumps set the stopper at WOT, NONE of the mikuni pumps do.

you have a mikuni pump.
                  that's why I asked where are you getting conflicting info.

there is ONLY ONE throttle plate that drives the oil pump link. that is the ONLY one that must be FULLY closed, not at idle.

you have a 2.6L HPDI.

Comment

Much appreciated. So like Boscoe said, hitting the wide open stop is not necessary for me. Thanks guys!
                    Last edited by emsdriver; 02-12-2015, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X