No announcement yet.

25hp CDI bad? Help troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling when a new motor is designed, they give the job to someone that does not even look at other motors, just does his own thing

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
      I have a feeling when a new motor is designed, they give the job to someone that does not even look at other motors, just does his own thing
      Can not disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozella15 View Post

You may be right; however, when the design engineer was deciding how to wire the F25 warning lights I'm wondering if he said to himself, "Well, I think I'll use the same four pin plug we use on all our other motors; i.e. the one which fits the Trim/Oil extension lead. That will save having to source a new male and a new female connector. But rather than arrange the wires in the plug like I did with ALL other Yamaha engines, I think I'll swap two of them around so that only the low oil pressure warning works normally, but the water over temp warning won't function. That will keep those Americans guessing. I'll never forgive them for that Atomic Bomb thing. Besides, who want's to be all things to all people? The chances of an F25LA owner wanting to use a multifunction or Pro Series tachometer is about one in a billion, which boils down to one guy from Alabama. Screw him and the Atomic Bomb he rode in on."
        Thank goodness for Alabama. If not for Alabamians we jawjuns would have no one to look down on.

Yamahas design and thought process seems to be that folks ought not to be working on their own motors. If work is needed let a Yamaha mokanik do the work. He understands Yams madness to their methodology.

It is all plug and play. Color coded. Except when it is not.

Comment

Working...
        X