Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see??
    blowboaters

they come on a free website looking for free information.
    then call names

but speaking of Nazis.
    I gotta go downstairs and get ready.
    going to take out a finnish 1944 tikka barreled M91/30 on a 1931 hex receiver,a 1944 DOT built k98 that still has the swastika and eagles,a 1916 M96 Swedish and an m1916 Spanish that has been rebarreled to 7.62x51.

maybe Ill put up some sailboat targets .

may even take out my French mas-36 and a british enfield and we can recreate WWII.

then I may have to bust out the model 92 and my pair of 1873 SA colts and do some cowboy and indian.

so see donating my time and expertise on an open forum isn't all I do.
    I actually do and have done this type of work about 30 years.

over the years I have gained a certain amount of knowledge and unlike some internet posters I actually have done things,some more than once.

I have interacted with customers ,some that bury acorns and climb trees, for 30+years in both the automotive and boating worlds.

over the years,and my dad had a salvage yard when I was young, I have done this all my life.
    started proffesionally at 15.
    I am 53 now.
    over the years I have also learned how to run a crank shaft grinder,valve seat facing and hard seat grinding,cats paw boring machine.
    programmed and setup CNC lathes and mills for an explosive manufacturing plant and spent 6 yrs in the USN's advanced electronics field. was medically retired as an FC2 with an 1121 NEC (CIWS), was working on Harpoon systems for a secondary NEC.
    so yea I have been about a bit.
    seen a bunch.
    enough that NOTHING surprises me anymore.
    I do get amazed occasionally.

while I don't quite think I have reached Nazi level, I will admit sometimes I will point out someone is an idiot.

Comment

Now you don't like cats. What did the cats say when you bored their paws. How did you hold their little feet? Have always liked animals,have a cat now. Maybe you should be reported to PETA. You're such an interesting person, but I bet you don't look like God.
      Last edited by donsmarine; 02-08-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Know why dogs chase cats?

Because cats need to be chased.

Comment

Hiss,scratch,meow

Comment

careful
            I do love my gatos.
            got 4 and wife got some yorkie thing.
            but I prefeeeerrrr cats over dogs and boaters over blowboaters.
            I grew up with st bernards and labs.
            I prefer cats.

sheet it just dawned on me, you called me a lugnut yet could not come up with a derogatory for Boscoe.
            this will not do.
            ok fellows, help me come up with a derogatory for freakin Boscoe.

then we will all go get some fermented stuff.

Comment

ok
              forum challenge.
              come up with a derogatory for boscoe.

I guess I am lugnut.

Comment

I thought the sour milk comment was the hit on bosco as I thought cholet milk was made from out dated milk.
                I already have hit the fermented stuff, so brain is not coming up with anything

Comment

I am one up, distilled stuff .
                  but ya noticed the blowboater simply had to back away ?

Comment

Back away, I don't quit. I think the wind just came up, or did you fart?
                    Last edited by donsmarine; 02-09-2015, 12:12 AM.

Comment

It's like I'm back at work with two co-workers always at each other, very entertaining!
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by donsmarine View Post
                        Back away, I don't quit. I think the wind just came up, or did you fart?
                        what does it smell like?

there you go free methane fuel for everyone.
                        Just have to harness it some way
                        Last edited by 99yam40; 02-09-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
                          It's like I'm back at work with two co-workers always at each other, very entertaining!
                          I confess, I'm only 8 years old. Maybe Caddysdad can save me. Did you ever get your outboard fixed? This train went off the tracks long time ago.
                          Last edited by donsmarine; 02-09-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by donsmarine View Post
                            I confess, I'm only 8 years old. Maybe Caddysdad can save me. Did you ever get your outboard fixed? This train went off the tracks long time ago.
                            Yes it did, but funny as hell!!! And I'm not even the instigator!

It'll get back on track if need be!!!
                            Scott

Comment

yep
                              got off topic.
                              yep, has been fun.
                              has anyone noticed its RARE that any late model Yamaha issues get posted.
                              most are motors over 10 yrs old.
                              I don't like to work on motors over 10 yrs old as I start considering them junkers.

only reason why I cust wants me to fight a junker is they have had it through all the mobile guys and brothers in laws and now I get it and they have no money.
                              that's why they are trying to resssurect junk.

but that's why I post.

at 100 bucks an hour at the place I work, fixing an issue on your 1992 V6 200 is probalbly going to cost more than what the motor is worth.

I understand trying to get one more year out of my junk.

I understand not everyone,me included, can drop 22K every couple years on new stuff.

but even on junk, I wont patch um up.

that's why I post.
                              I will try to aide the poor guy trying to go fish.
                              but sometimes there is no cheap nor easy fix.
                              its also why so many folks get ripped off buying motors off the net.

freaking cost of new outboards is STUPID.
                              its going to get worse.

in my circle of commercial guys we have a saying.
                              if it made it out it ran good.
                              if it made it back it ran great.
                              however it may have only made it back on 5 out of 6 cylinders.

I still don't think I have made Nazi level.
                              however my 1944 finnish nagant outshot the 8mm mauser.
                              the 1916 Swedish did a bit better than the mosin.

Comment

My old Evinrude v6 150, which was replaced in early 2007 with this F150 was on 10 years old and starting to cause issues..

I won't have a boat / engine (or anything else) I can't trust.. Back then it was 14k with a trade (the old Evinrude) to install this F150 engine..

This forum and members have been a wealth of information.. And it is appreciated to all that contribute. Although this is my first Yamaha OB engine, I worked only on my neighbors 200 Yamaha a couple of years ago(pulled heads, cleaned out clogged water jackets). A little bit of work on past OB's, nothing major involved thou.

Maintainance, good fuel, FLUSHING, goes extremly far in protecting your investment...

The saying among your group is oh so true too....

Of my "pee shooters", my favorite is my original Colt 357 Python 4" which I bought new in 1981 (when I started in Law Enforcement). Wore the original blue finish off it over time and re-finished with a SS type finish, gorgeous gun! With 357 silver tip, hollow point magnum rounds, that is fun to shoot and WILL make some noise.. Still have the original grips, box, receipt, etc...
                                Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 02-09-2015, 10:44 PM.
                                Scott

Comment

Working...
                                X