I've got a few issues and I'm lost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a few issues and I'm lost.

Hi everyone. I apologize if this is long winded but I need some help and ya gotta have all the info. I have a 97 s250txrv. Ox66 250. Ill start with a story. About a month ago my motor running decent (Has the studdering issue at 1800 or so rpm but I can deal) starts to overheat at idle. I had just replaced the foot with an SEI unit and finished breakin so I assumed foot. Pulled off and replaced the pump with a yamaha impeller with no change. At this point I decided it was time i took her down and cleaned everything for my own peace of mind. Took off the heads and the water jackets were trashed in the heads, covers, and around the cylinders. I cleaned the block out best I could and this snowballed into a major refreshing after a few clicks on the internet. I replaced the heads with hydrotecs, I installed new poppit assy, carbon fiber reeds and stuffers, replaced all the fuel hoses and put stainless clamps on everything and replaced all the little hoses and metal nipples on the intake. Redid all injectors screens, seals, rings.

It appears that something I did fixed the overheat issue but..

Compression is now 148 +/- 3psi on all 6 so I drained the tank and refilled with 93 octane fuel. I tested it today and it wouldn't go over 4k rpm. I am assuming I'm down a cylinder or 2 (new problem??) So I pull off the silencer to choke out the TB and find out which ones. My t-shirt on a pole trick yielded no noticeable differences so I think i need a buddy to help... When I throttle back up I see the hose coming from under the motor plugged into the case (goes down mid section?) is spraying water pretty good at high rpm. This hose was plugged into the silencer previously so I was spraying water into the intake. I am lost with that.. where is the water coming from? No hose nipple on the foot (shifter) like some other motors I've messed with. Anyway without the water injection it spins at about 4800 now. With the same prop before all this work id get about 5300 so I assumed some performance mods would rock this prop. I may have to take this to a shop because I'm a bit out of my league but I figured I'd see if any yammy experts here had any ideas.

I've verified 37psi at idle from vst pump which is new, o2 is new OE. Plugs are newish. All lp pumps are new OE.

thanks in advance for any guidance you have to offer.
Working...
X