2006 Skeeter zx225 yamaha Trim problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Skeeter zx225 yamaha Trim problem

Just bought this rig and noticed that the trim was making strange noise. checked the fluid and it seemed full or at least at fill nob, but its black in color. What should it be?. Powerhead was replaced a year ago but the trim wasn't serviced. I cant seem to find a true Yamaha, line by line fill and bleed instruction guide on this unit. Doesn't seem to have water in there and it is most likely the original fluid from when it was purchased in 2006. I would appreciate any help or tips on getting this thing right.
    Attached Files

Yamaha fluid is mostly clear. However, the stuff they recommend (Dexron II) is usually red.

Black is not right.

There are no line by line instructions to empty, fill and bleed the unit. This is a Yamaha. In fact there is no drain port. Unit will have to removed, opened up, cleaned and refilled. Hopefully there is no internal damage.

Comment

black fluid on that unit typically indicates syl bore wear.
      needs to be disassembled and cleaned.
      be careful as most bass boat motors with the showa unit have mushroomed trim pins.
      some you can grind a bit to get the cap off others require pin (ram) replacement.

Comment

cost

Whats a ball park to repair this unit then and do ya think if i get the fluid filled and bled, can i limp it for a few before Breaking out another thousand?

Comment

Working...
        X