2006 F225 IAC/ECU Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 F225 IAC/ECU Question

I have a question that I’m pretty sure what the answer will be but I’d thought I could ask people who more experience with these engines. First I’ll give some history and then ask the question.

History:
    2006 F225AETX engine on my boat and I have determined it has a bad IAC causing my idle issues. My friend has the YDS and that’s how we decided because it doesn’t move when you test it. The new part is on order but I’m located in Guam so parts tend to take 2-4 weeks at a minimum to arrive.

Question:
    Due to this long lag time waiting for parts I’m stuck trying to decide if I can operate my vessel without damaging the ECU? From my understanding it only sends power to the valve when the engine is idling and not while it’s in gear at higher rpm’s, say 1500+. We added nylon washers to one screw on the IAC to manually adjust the air intake to generate the 650 rpms at idle. Now if I unplug the valve and insulate the connector and only stay in idle for short periods will the ECU destroy itself? Or will this work as a temporary fix until the new IAC arrives?

Thanks,

Johnathon

The ECM could only be damaged is if a 'bad' IAC is plugged in.

Nothing bad will happen to the ECM if you unplug the IAC.

if you can physically jigger the IAC so the engine starts and runs ok, go for it.

Comment

Working...
    X