Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know this noise - Yamaha F115 2017 model

Hi Guys,

my engine has done 180 hours and in the last few trips I have started hearing the noise in the below video. The first time I heard it was about 20 trips ago, it’s a high pitched noise at speed but when idling it is still there. Only seems to come on after a good run and after I go to idle I hear it more clearly. If I turn the engine off, fish for a period of time and start again it’s gone. From my research I think it might be the gear bushing needing more greasing????

https://youtu.be/J5OvFvYsNtg

what are you calling a gear bushing?

driveshaft bushing maybe?
    Last edited by 99yam40; 06-19-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Yes sorry I meant driveshaft bushing

would the bushing make the noise in neutral?
      Last edited by Simogoesos; 06-20-2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I can't hear it but your description of it does sound like the driveshaft bushing being dry.

It is SUPER IMPORTANT to use the correct grease (Yamaha waterproof) as regular automotive, etc grease will NOT hold up.

Again with your description, sounds like once it heats up(sustained high speed running), the shaft and bushing expand with heat and make noise.
        When cold, (or after sitting, stopped), clearances are slightly looser.

*On my F150, mine would sound like birds chirping at about 1,800 RPMs with the incorrect grease. That incorrect grease would last maybe 3 months.

Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
        X