Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F200XB accidently crossed battery polarity, is there a reset.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F200XB accidently crossed battery polarity, is there a reset.

I accidentally crossed battery connections, only for a nano second. I have lost all power. Is there a reset under the engine cowling?

probably called a fuse

Comment

Likely blew the main fuse. Look on the side of the engine(or owners manual) to find it.

Posting a YEAR to your engine would help to look up parts/location of fuses, etc..

.https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...2/electrical-1
      Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-15-2020, 02:48 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the help. Sorry I did not think to give year. F200XB is a 2017, FL200XB is a 2013. Dates are 4 years apart because Yamaha, bless their hearts, gave me a new engine, due to issues with the F200XB.

Comment

Probably a 20 amp fuse in an in-line fuse holder......Yamaha anticipated this type of screw-up, thank goodness....I've accidentally done this myself a few times.....A dab of red paint at the terminals helps prevent this....

Comment

Actually it is a 60 amp, 58 VDC fuse, It is a plug-in, female, yellow. & low profile The only one I can find is 32 VDC (which I cannot understand why the voltage difference). I cannot find the fuses on the FL200XB, 2013 engine. Is it dependant on the F200XB, 2017?

60A_LowProfile_JCase_Fuse_46304_f.png
            Last edited by TAEZZARS; 06-17-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

very interesting that Yamaha changed the fuse box / fuses over those years

the 60A fuse for the 2017 can be obtained right here at boats.net

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6CB-82151-40-00

as can the 60A fuse for the 2013
              https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6P2-82151-00-00
              (although when you finally find the fuse box on the 2013,
              there is a spare 60A stored behind the fusebox cover)

Comment

Fairdeal, I appreciate the info : very interesting that Yamaha changed the fuse box / fuses over those years

the 60A fuse for the 2017 can be obtained right here at boats.net

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6CB-82151-40-00

However when I C&P into gaagle, it shows the fuse with the screw base instead of a female plug in. That was all I could find & it is why I posted the photo of the fuse.
                Could you try again, please?

Comment

Hopefully my last question on this. I found a spare fuse in the F200XB, thank you Yamaha. That proved the 2013 FL200XB to have it's main fuse blown too.
                  The engines are tilted up, making it hard to view the fuse box on the FL200XB. It seems that the fuse cover may come off with a slight pry, but I don't want to damage anything. Can you advise the procedure for accessing the fuses in the FL200XB? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TAEZZARS View Post
                    It seems that the fuse cover may come off with a slight pry, but I don't want to damage anything. Can you advise the procedure for accessing the fuses in the FL200XB? Thanks
                    If the cover looks like this (I circled in blue the tab), simply push the upper tab down slightly and the cover should tilt out and then off..

Capture 1.JPG

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-18-2020, 05:56 PM.
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

If the cover looks like this (I circled in blue the tab), simply push the upper tab down slightly and the cover should tilt out and then off..

Capture 1.JPG

Thank you, Townsends, that did it !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X