2.6 Litre 2 Stroke Oil Pump Conversion Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.6 Litre 2 Stroke Oil Pump Conversion Kits

Hi everyone. I see that there are conversion kits for 2.6 L oil pumps for 1987-1989 motors (150 to 225 hp). The kit comes with a collar that mounts perfectly up to 1990 and new oil pumps. My question is did Yamaha change the rotation of the oil pump (clockwise to counterclockwise or vice versa) at this same time and that you actually need a particular pump to work with this conversion kit or can you run a pump from model year 1990 on a block from 1988 for example?

I can add to this. Yes I believe that in 1990 Yamaha changed the rotation of the oil pumps. Can anyone tell me if 6e5-13200-02-00 rotates in the same direction as the pre 1990 motors? I think it fits on the conversion kits for the oil injection pump that injects the oil into the motor.

Comment

The conversion kit included a new oil pump. I don't see the new pump as being compatible with an unmodified block.

The kit covers 1984 ~ 1989 V4 and V6 models from 115 HP through 225 HP. There are five different configurations of pumps and kits.

Comment

Working...
      X