No announcement yet.

ox66 oil transfer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost all these faults are wiring related, there is a few joins in the harness that get crappy over time, forget the trim business.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
      Almost all these faults are wiring related, there is a few joins in the harness that get crappy over time, forget the trim business.
      Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicMike View Post

Yes. Middle bar flashing. Remote tank is atleast 3/4 full. Back to the drawing board i guess. Thanks for your help

mike
        That is telling you that there is a problem with the remote tank sensor switch assembly circuitry.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

That is telling you that there is a problem with the remote tank sensor switch assembly circuitry.
          Thanks for the reply. I got some time tonight to mess with it. Found a bad connection in the oil pump/ float connector harness at the remote oil tank. Now i have all 3 bars solid when i turn the key on.

my next question. Will automatic transfer occur with the key on, engine off? Reason im asking is with main tank float removed and down in the range where the pump should kick on, I have nothing. If i hit the manual transfer switch. The pump
          kicks on. Tested continuity of the switch according to manual. It checked good. At the main tank float. I traced the black wire to a ground on top of the head. Tested good. The remaining wires go to the CDI. Pulled the connector. Everything looks good. Not sure if im being paranoid.

thanks
          Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MechanicMike View Post

Thanks for the reply. I got some time tonight to mess with it. Found a bad connection in the oil pump/ float connector harness at the remote oil tank. Now i have all 3 bars solid when i turn the key on.

my next question. Will automatic transfer occur with the key on, engine off? Reason im asking is with main tank float removed and down in the range where the pump should kick on, I have nothing. If i hit the manual transfer switch. The pump
            kicks on. Tested continuity of the switch according to manual. It checked good. At the main tank float. I traced the black wire to a ground on top of the head. Tested good. The remaining wires go to the CDI. Pulled the connector. Everything looks good. Not sure if im being paranoid.

thanks
            Mike
            That harness and its connections can only last so long.

To your question about the auto transfer function, yes. Or No. Normally no. But there is one exception. The exception is known as the initial fill mode. Say when the engine is brand new and just installed.

Make sure that the remote tank has plenty of oil in it. Drain the main tank removing the sight sump at the bottom of the tank. Clean, reattach and secure the sight sump. Turn the key to the on position only. The horn will be blaring. In a moment the oil pump should begin to transfer oil. The horn will stop when the tank is about half filled. The pump will run for three minutes or until the main tank is filled, whichever happens first. Ideally the tank will fill before the pump times out. Lets you know the filter and the system is in good working order.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

That harness and its connections can only last so long.

To your question about the auto transfer function, yes. Or No. Normally no. But there is one exception. The exception is known as the initial fill mode. Say when the engine is brand new and just installed.

Make sure that the remote tank has plenty of oil in it. Drain the main tank removing the sight sump at the bottom of the tank. Clean, reattach and secure the sight sump. Turn the key to the on position only. The horn will be blaring. In a moment the oil pump should begin to transfer oil. The horn will stop when the tank is about half filled. The pump will run for three minutes or until the main tank is filled, whichever happens first. Ideally the tank will fill before the pump times out. Lets you know the filter and the system is in good working order.
              Thanks for the reply. When testing last night. I never cycled the key to initiate the oil pump. Only had the key on. Engine off. I figured the ground from the engine to the pump was good. As it was working with manual transfer. Wasnt sure about the other part. Much easier to diagnose and fix something when you know how it works. Thanks again

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X