Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt/trim up not working temporally

Hi there I'm a new boat user.
    Had the boat out today on the other side of the lake. Went to set off to come home but the motor wouldn't raise. I goes down fine but wouldn't come up at all.
    Previously, it had been a bit temperamental, maybe having to press 2 or3 times before it comes up. Today it was stuck for about an hour of trying and then suddenly worked. It always makes the clicking sound when the button is pressed but nothing happens.
    To double the problem, the motor also would not start. When the tilt motor finally worked, the motor also started which was really bizarre! Could they be linked? Maybe something to do with the battery?
    The motor is a yamaha 115hp 2 stroke.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Mark

Trim/tilt

Hi Mark,
    Welcome to boating! I hope you get many hours of pleasure out of it!
    When you said the motor wouldn't start, was that the starter wouldn't turn or the motor wouldn't fire up?
    Sounds like you have either a low battery or a bad connection somewhere.
    I suggest you clean your battery terminals at both ends (motor and battery).

Also check that your connections on the trim/tilt relays are firmly secured.
    Also check the charge rate when the motor is running. Should be about 13.8v

Maybe Rodbolt can elaborate on this?
    Good Luck - Dennis.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate!
    Challenger 16ft - 1999 Yamaha 130 BETO

Comment

Trim/tilt

Thank you Dennis. Very helpful.
      The motor did turn it just didn't fire up. An hour later it suddenly fired up.
      To be safe, I'll take it into the local yamaha shop and get them to look at it as I'm exactly sure what I'm looking for on the connection front.
      Many thanks again

Mark

Comment

Tilt/trim

Hi there. It's a 1994 but has only done about 350 hrs.

Comment

Working...
        X