F70la nmea output connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F70la nmea output connector

Does anyone have a picture of an nmea connector on a 2014 70 or similar? I'm trying to locate it on my engine but I'm not sure which one it is. Is it already being used for my multifuntion tachs or is it an unused connector? How many and what color wires are there going into this connector? I want to try to connect it to my Garmin with the lowrance cable to get fuel readings. Please help. Thanks

If you have Command Link instruments it is being used. Look behind your dash. Does the tachometer have a connector plugged into it? If so it is CL.

If you don't have CL look in the engine pan up front and look for a bright white connector with a cap on it. It will have a blue and white wire going to it.

Comment

The gauge does have a connector and the wire does connect to the plug with the blue and white wire in the engine. Will I still be able to hook my engines up to a Garmin 741xs. I was planning on connecting it with the lowrance nmea cables but now it's already in use. Can this still be done or is there any other way? If so can you please explain how. Thanks.

Comment

The harness from the tachometer will go to a CL hub. Or, at least it should.

A different harness plugs into a device port (one of three) in the CL hub. The other end of the harness goes to a T fitting that is part of an NMEA 2000 network. The NMEA 2000 network feeds engine data to the Garmin.

Comment

Do you have a diagram showing these connections? I'm still confused about this. And would I need to get a CL hub for each engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Skin diver View Post
            Do you have a diagram showing these connections? I'm still confused about this. And would I need to get a CL hub for each engine?
            Each engine? You never said a word about more than one engine. I presume that you are now talking about more than one. Well, how many? Two, three, four or what?

Did you follow the wire harness from your tachometer back to where it goes? Did you find a device known as a Command Link hub?

Or, are you saying that the one harness runs directly from the motor to the gauge without going through any other devices or components?

How many gauges do you have anyway? Are they round or square?

Without knowing where you are and what you have (I am not a mind reader) I can't even begin to offer recommendations. There are two basic ways to do this. One is using a Yamaha Gateway. It connects to a Yamaha hub and to the NMEA 2000 network. Only one Gateway is used. The other way is using an aftermarket harness that connects to the hub and to the NMEA 2000 network.
            Do you even have an NMEA 2000 network already installed?
            Last edited by boscoe99; 01-02-2015, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skin diver View Post
              Send me a PM with your email address. Easier to communicate that way.

Comment

Working...
              X