Gas tank for new F20SWHB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank for new F20SWHB

So I have made the investment and am buying a new 2020 F20SWHB. Should have it next week. They asked if I wanted a $120 Yamaha tank to go with this. Shocked at the price I said no. What do I need to do to build a less expensive gas tank? Proprietary parts? Also what else should I buy for it in the way of consumables?

Also what is the word on the street with this engine. I seen it is new this year?

New to this. Owned a few motors but none lasted a season.

It will be mounted on an aluminum row boat.

Thanks in advance,
    Cardgunner

You will need a tank, a hose with a primer ball, and the appropriate fitting on the end of the tank to connect to the motor. There are EPA approved tanks/hoses and non EPA approved tanks/hoses. Many different ways to skin your cat.

The F20SWHB model has been out since January of 2019. Your specific motor will have the month and year that it was produced.

Only consumables to start with are oil and gasoline.

Comment

If they are letting you have the tank and the hose for $120 that is a good deal.

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6YK-24201-49-00

https://www.boats.net/product/yamaha/6YK-24306-61-00

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
        You will need a tank, a hose with a primer ball, and the appropriate fitting on the end of the hose(tank) to connect to the motor. There are EPA approved tanks/hoses and non EPA approved tanks/hoses. Many different ways to skin your cat.

The F20SWHB model has been out since January of 2019. Your specific motor will have the month and year that it was produced.

Only consumables to start with are oil and gasoline.
        I think I fixed it for you

Comment

The Yamaha hose is definitely a must...they are way better than any after market ones I have seen. I have a 20 year plus hose that is still just as soft as the day it was bought. $120 tank and hose is is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
            I think I fixed it for you
            You got me. Thanks.

They took away my ability to make changes.

Comment

Working...
            X