Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50hp yamaha wiring - battery cables

Hi everyone,
    i just purchased a new motor a late model 50 yam. It was running on the guys boat. We both removed the motor and did not take note of where everything connected. I was pretty sure i got it right but it now wont turn over and the trim and tilt wont work. I discovered one possible issue.
    There is a thin red wire that comes off the positive battery cable on the motor end. Does anyone know where this thin red wire connects?

plugs into the other end of the engine harness.
    it provides power to the key switch.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply. Much appreciated.
      So is that the large wiring harness on the outboard end? Does it connect to another red wire there? I can't see anywhere where it could possible connect?

Comment

Find the inline fuse holder. A wire lead coming from the holder should plug into the wire that comes from the end of the battery cable.

Fuse holder is positioned on the aft right hand side of the block, just aft of the starter motor.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 12-28-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Thank you sooooooo much for that. I just bought the motor and fitted it and the kids are nagging me to take them out. I will try that when I get home from work. Again I am very greatfull fot the help on that. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X