rough start/ idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rough start/ idle

I have an 2004 f50tlrc, cold natured to start. Spits/sputters like a deisel. Once warm, its OK. Also have an intermittent problem with hole shot and midrange. It wants to stall out.
    I'm thinking its time to pull carbs and clean. Then a sinc & link? What size adapter do I need to hook up vacuum gauge? I saw it on here, cannot remember where though.
    I plan on buying four gauges, have found some kits that come with multiple fittings.
    Is this since&link something to be yearly, or only as needed? I'm thinking I might also have debris floating in fuel somewhere?
    Thank you, in advance
    I fish, therefore, I lie

best I recall its 6mmx1mm.
    I have used brake bleeder fittings from NAPA in the past.
    cut them down a bit and add an oring.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!
      I fish, therefore, I lie

Comment

I was looking at the carbtune.com site, would that 4 port gauge work? Also, which manual is recommended for carb cleaning and a sync/link? An 04 f50tlrc.
        I fish, therefore, I lie

Comment

I truly hope not to derail Rodbolt17.

If your talking about syncing the carburetors, Our 90 TLRD is in the same family and our 1/2" thick service manual clearly describes how to set linkages from markings on the block and does not require special tools.

Unless you're taking it to Joe's Marine Service in Wanchese and ask for Tom, Yamaha's manuals are definitely worth the purchase with the first avoided trip and are available through YAMAHA MANUAL STORE.

Hope this helps and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by skunked again View Post
            I was looking at the carbtune.com site, would that 4 port gauge work? Also, which manual is recommended for carb cleaning and a sync/link? An 04 f50tlrc.
            I've been using that tool for years syncing motorcycles, boat engine, etc. Excellent tool, very well made and very accurate. Had to order from Europe as it wasn't availbale in the states at the time..

If your enigine calls for that style tool, its well worth the investment. Mines paid for itself many times over doing not only my bikes, but customers machines as well...

www.carbtune.com
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
            X