No announcement yet.

F150 vaporlock Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I think about it, where are you located?

In some regions of the US (assumes you are from here) there are different blends of gasoline offered in the winter and in the summer. The winter stuff is more volatile to help the engine start easier in cold weather. Use of winter blend fuel in warm climates can sometimes become a problem since it vaporizes too readily. A motor that works just fine on summer blend might not work so well on winter blend.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
      Now that I think about it, where are you located?

In some regions of the US (assumes you are from here) there are different blends of gasoline offered in the winter and in the summer. The winter stuff is more volatile to help the engine start easier in cold weather. Use of winter blend fuel in warm climates can sometimes become a problem since it vaporizes too readily. A motor that works just fine on summer blend might not work so well on winter blend.
      South Texas
      05 F150 TLRD
      06 23' UltaCat

Comment

And please post the results, etc..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          And please post the results, etc..
          Please stay tuned
          05 F150 TLRD
          06 23' UltaCat

Comment

I have not had a chance to take the boat back out on the water, but while doing some mods on the boat I notice one day in the shop that when I turned on the aux switch the speedo gauge came on without the key being on. So I started thinking if it was possible that I was getting some type of bleed over that was acting like the Emergency kill switch. But do anyone think this is possible or am I just reaching...
            I had plan to separate the motor and all the electronics to separate battery anyway so I went ahead and did it.
            05 F150 TLRD
            06 23' UltaCat

Comment

Originally posted by darrellsimons View Post
              I have not had a chance to take the boat back out on the water, but while doing some mods on the boat I notice one day in the shop that when I turned on the aux switch the speedo gauge came on without the key being on. So I started thinking if it was possible that I was getting some type of bleed over that was acting like the Emergency kill switch. But do anyone think this is possible or am I just reaching...
              I had plan to separate the motor and all the electronics to separate battery anyway so I went ahead and did it.
              Sounds like someone was trying to learn how to wire on that rig (didn't do so hot)...

Just as an FYI, I don't have a battery cut off switch on my 06 F150.

(A) I have the main harness from the engine to the battery wired direct(hot and ground lines, period).

(B)I have one harness (for the lights/bilge pump, etc-factory installed harness for the hull) to the battery.

(C), I installed a separate line from the battery with a power distribution panel to the center console(inside). The GPS, depth finder, radio, stereo, two cig outlets, etc, attach there.

There is an accessory switch on the dash (and it does function) however I don't have it hooked to anything..

IMO, as you noted, I would be going thru the system. I would not necessarily run the two sytems off separate batteries, but at least wire them independantly.. I don't want one system failing and taking out the other..

BTW, I've never had a NON-hot start with my 150 either. A lowish idle setting (until I got that raised back to 700) only
              Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 01-31-2015, 03:39 PM.
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
              X