Twin Yamaha 60Hp two stroke. 60FETO, 1012446

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Yamaha 60Hp two stroke. 60FETO, 1012446

Struggling to start both motors. Could it be fuel supply or is it auto choke? How do I check?

If that is happening on both motors I would say you have a fuel problem.

That motors have regular use?
    Last time was all OK?
    After start motors are running good?

need to give us more info.

Comment

I live in Malawi so temp is always warm.
      I use fuel with no ethanol however ethanol fuel has been used through the motors.
      I have tried cleaning them, they look brand new inside, no residue or corrosion. Motors have less than 75hrs on them.
      I need to use starter fluid or inject fuel into air intake to get them going.
      Once going they run perfectly and restart fine.
      There is no choke system on keys so i presume auto choke?
      I have tried starting with no throttle then with fully open and numerous positions in between.
      The pump balls are about 15 feet from motors but if i push the fuel line connector "ball baring" in, there is pressure and fuel coming through.

Comment

Your model should have an automatic fuel enrichment device, referred to by Yamaha as Primestart.

Check the red lever on the carburetor to verify that it is in the automatic position. The lever/knob should be in the full counterclockwise position.

If it is in the automatic position then rotate it clockwise until it is in the manual enrichment mode. See if the motor starts any easier, or the same, in the manual enrichment mode.

The presumption is that that you are pumping the primer ball until it gets firm before the first cold start attempt of the day.

Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Thank you this looks like what Im looking for.

Comment

Working...
          X