Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
    and that's why I like where I work.
    I get jets,F350's, helm master in both Yamaha and Volvo.
    blowboat and dingy kickers.
    and like its been said, I still get to see new things.
    most of what I work on is 150 and up with twins.
    we do have a few F350 triple models.
    they bite to service.
    When did Yamaha start with the black and white painted engines?

The grey color getting shelved?
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

like I said, its NOT yamaaha but the boat builder.
      so far Yamaha does NOT offer color choice to the dealer.
      when we order a motor we can get any color we want as long as its silver gray.

we have a custom boat at the marina with white F350's. the paint job reportedly cost about 15K extra.

builder claims the engines are disassembled, original coatings stripped and then refinished.

its not a rusty bolt bob and a can of crylon job.

now that E-tec is going to offer custom colors we will see how the rest of the market responds.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
        like I said, its NOT yamaaha but the boat builder.
        so far Yamaha does NOT offer color choice to the dealer.
        when we order a motor we can get any color we want as long as its silver gray.

we have a custom boat at the marina with white F350's. the paint job reportedly cost about 15K extra.

builder claims the engines are disassembled, original coatings stripped and then refinished.

its not a rusty bolt bob and a can of crylon job.

now that E-tec is going to offer custom colors we will see how the rest of the market responds.
        Speaking of the E-Tec, we also saw a 200HP.. Damn that thing is ugly.. Between the sideways name, the cowl is huge, all the sharp angles, and looks like the sides (to the cowl) have to unbolt to get to anything. The hydralic steering is bullt into the transom mount too.

Who ever painted the Yamaha's did a good job. They looked OEM and they put some aftermarket stickers on it as well.. I prefer the standard silver gray myself
        Scott

Comment

TownFJR1300 requested that I do a final reply.

This should close this thread out.

I ended up purchasing a manual from ebay. It was through and included answer to the majority of my questions.

In this case the process worked as expected. I didn't quite know where to start but posting on this forum and the responses received led me in the proper direction. This is why I say the process worked as expected.

Comment

Thanks for the update...

So your sync/balance is pretty good now?
            Scott

Comment

Yes, sync/balance is correct.

Comment

so what did ya think of that rube-****berg enrichment system ?

Comment

for the life of me i can't see the engineering logic for why they would do something like that. whoever designed that must have had no real touch with reality. it's just not a very good design.

Comment

all in the name of idiot proof starting.
                    however darwins theory always kicks in.
                    momma nature simply makes better idiots.

Comment

Yamaha's modus operandi seems to be that if X number of parts are needed for a particular application then X plus Y plus Z number of parts must be used.

Back in the day most all carbureted automobile engines used only one carburetor. So, what's Yamaha's solution to a four cylinder model? Why let's use four carburetors. Each with ****ey tiny passages that can and will clog up.

I am quite surprised your model does not use four CDI's.

Take a look at a big block HPDI. Five (yes, five) fuel pumps, two pressure regulators, two injector drivers, and God only knows how many other parts are used. Oh, let's not forget the oil transfer system with multiple tanks, four switches, etc. etc.
                      Last edited by boscoe99; 12-28-2014, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X