Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Ok.... This has been going on for a while now and was hoping for some insight as to what you think the issue might be. I have a 05 50 2 stroke. It all started with a stuck float pin. I went the cheap route and rebuilt the carb (only the one with the stuck float pin) myself. Worked great for a few times out. But then all of sudden It would bogg down and not be able to get on plane. It would idle fine but when I got on the gas it would not have any power. It would do this a different times. There really wasn't any rhyme or reason as to when it was happening. After a lot of headache and this happening off an on for a bit I decided to have a mechanic go through the whole fuel system. He rebuilt all carbs, new plugs, drained all the gas ( even though it looked good to him ), water separator. Ran great for a few times out then it started to do it again. Had the mechanic come take a look at it on the water and of course it ran fine. We spent about 1.5 hours running it at all rpms and nothing. Worked great again for a couple of trips then AGAIN!!! He is out of town right now so I just wanted to throw it up here and see if anybody had any ideas. Thank you in advance!!!!

Drew

seeing as you have not tested anything when it is having a problem, I do not see how we can come up with a solution.
    Spark might be a problem or maybe fuel. maybe the timing is being retarded,
    Who knows until you test things while it is happening.
    Last edited by 99yam40; 12-03-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Had similar occurrence. After throwing in the towel and spending big at the marina, I realized I addressed the outboard, but not the upstream fuel system. Turns out thanks to our lovely ethanol, the crud in the system undid my handy work. Since then I pump all fuel out of the boat and turn open tank upside down to evaporate the rest.

Comment

Working...
      X