Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good
    it may take a few trys to find it.
    I had an F40 that the updated fuel pump failed and it took me 3 trips to make it fail.
    but electronics failures on the Japanese stuff is rare.
    the Motorola stuff on the merc/Yamaha not so rare.
    other than the occasional start or trim relay we don't see much in the way of ign system failures.
    we don't stock any ign coils or CDI units.

Comment

Got a call from my mechanic today and he tells me the motor is still running great. No hiccups at all. If it doesn't rain too bad tomorrow we will try it again.

Man, I don't know what to do if we don't find the cause. At this point I don't trust this motor. He took it out today and ran it about 10 miles. He tried to duplicate my usual fishing trip, run out a few miles, shut off the 40, fire up the 9.9 for a while, later fire up the 40 to come back in. That's when the problem usually occurs. Hasn't done it the four times he's taken it out.

Is it possible for a piece of debris to be floating around somewhere in the VST that gets in the wrong place once in a while?

Comment

You don't happen to live near the Bermuda Triangle?
        I've heard some strange shit goes down there.

Comment

That triangle seems to cover all globe

Comment

LOL to both above posts ^^

***Just to add, you posted he, ran the boat. I'd suggest you run the boat (with him on-board) should you be doing something slightly different than he is.

He can also hook his lap top and monitor the engine (not worry about driving) for any issues while under way and especially when it acts up.
            Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 12-16-2014, 09:05 AM.
            Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

That's the plan today but it's kind of raining this morning.

Comment

Well, I solved that problem. Traded it in for a brand new one. Same motor.

Comment

Well shoot!

We like to learn from others...(seriously)... Should you find out the issue, can you please post what the issue was?

Thanks and congrates!
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                  X