No announcement yet.

F200txra ignition coil for 2&5 burned up, including main relay, and fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodbolt and Boscoe, sorry I didn't get back to you guys, just got back from fishing with buddies in his boat. I needed to step away from this project for a while.

Also I respect ur guys advice. You guys always helped me in the past, and I thank you for that. That is why I am here again asking for your guys help.

I totally appreciate it!!!!!!
    Last edited by mokaction; 10-18-2014, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Boscoe, at for trained marine mechanic, there are none in Ventura County, all we have here are switch a part mechanics. It would be nice to have one.

The closes one would be in San Diego and that would be trailering the boat through Los Angeles, I could take up to 7 hours and a minimum of 5 hours.

The next person that I trust is in San Francisco, and I am not sure if he is still working on boats, justintime. I have not see a post from him in sometime.

Rodbolt, You are one of the reason I am on here, your advice has saved me many times. I thank you for all your boat experience.

Comment

Update:

Well I finally got my hands on a copy of YDS 1.23 and XP laptop: No matter what I did I couldn't connect to the ECU. Also got a copy of YDS 1.33 using a windows 8.1 and a XP Laptop, and still no connection to the ECU. That is with:

1. Ignition switch on
        2. Lights are on and off on the tachometer
        3. Can hear the fuel pumps on

I also noticed that none of the warning horns came on at ignition switch on and with safety kill switch off. Also no warning horn during key up either.

Also thank you Roscoe/Robolt for reminding me/teaching me about wiring harnesses again. Have not had to work on a motor in a while.

Tomorrow I will be ordering a new ECU and ISC..

Comment

are you aware that at key on NO yamaha single sounds any alarms ?.

Comment

rodbolt, Sorry, I think I forgot in all the frustration.
            Last edited by mokaction; 10-21-2014, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I have been going through the forum and found this post with the same issues I am having.

http://www.yamahaoutboardparts.com/f...m-th22682.html

Will follow up this tread once I get the new parts.

Comment

Conclusion: Replaced the ECU and the ISC and engine runs great. Thx again to Rodbolt and Boscoe. Problem is all fixed.

Comment

Working...
                X