F300 XCA operating temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F300 XCA operating temps?

Hey there- new member here, new F300 owner, and I have a few questions that I can not seem to find the answer to- anywhere!! I did search here, but still was unable to find specific answer for my engine.

So what temperatures should my engine be running say at idle, cruise, and running hard/fast? My temps range from 118-120 at idle to 132 after running hard. Is this normal? Engine has 100 hours on it.
    Thanks!

What gauge are you using to get an indication of engine temperatures?

Is it an NMEA 2000 device connected to the Yamaha network or is it a standalone temperature gauge that you have added?

Comment

Thanks boscoe99- I have my Garmin chartplotter hooked up to the Command link bus via Mare 002 cable.
      FWIW my CL gauge reads right in the middle of the bar graph (no numerical range given)
      Last edited by noclutch; 10-08-2014, 09:05 PM.

Comment

My F250XCA runs ~ 125 to 140 as per NMEA connection, so that looks normal to me.

Comment

Maybe it is doing just fine after all- today's temps low 120's slow speed, 130's cruise and 140's WOT
          Thanks for the input!

I was concerned that maybe it was running too cool, and this may have contributed to my making oil- about 1- 1 1/2" on the dipstick from engine hours 20 to 97. Just did an oil/filter change and running it in hard today, so we'll see what the next 20 or so hours makes...

Comment

Working...
          X