A few questions about 9.9 high thrust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about 9.9 high thrust

I have a Savage dolphin 16 ft displacement Hull with an Arona Al 186 diesel which I am going to remove and replace with an outboard. I don't want forward controls as I want to remove motor from boat and Yamaha in their wisdom do not make or import a Tiller steer version of the 9.9 high thrust into Australia.
    ​​​​​ so do people with more experience with displacement hulls thinkthat I will need a high thrust on a 16 ft fibreglass displacement Hull or would an 8 or 15 hp do the job I will be using the boat in areas of strong tides and wind. Also would the handle of another horsepower motor fit the 9.9 4 stroke as there are plenty of forward control 9.9 high thrust about but cannot find a Tiller handle for one. Any information gratefully received thank you

What is the power output of the diesel? I would vote for the T9 over an F8 or F15.

Does Yamaha Australia offer a tiller steered F9.9? You can remove the lower unit from the F9.9 and install a T9.9 lower unit?

Alternatively, you can compare a tiller steered T9.9 with with a remote steered T9.9 so as to determine the differences. Then convert the remote steered T9.9 to a tiller steered T9.9.

Comment

Working...
    X