Oil trouble from big tank to little tank on the side of the motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil trouble from big tank to little tank on the side of the motor

I'm not getting any oil from my big tank in the bottom of my boat to the oil tank on the side of my 175hp Yamaha, the oil tank on the side of the motor is working fine putting oil to the fuel, any help would be great ,,Thanks

dude
    do a bit of forum searching.
    I have beat precision blend to death.
    however a model number may help us as over the past 30 yrs or so there were some changes in the 175 two strokes.

Comment

Did you try the manual override button? Do you hear the oil pump running when the manual override button is switched on? Check the inline filter on the tank - might be clogged.
      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Rodbolt17 I did start reading some of the back post and saw alot of the trouble. thanks for your time. DennisG01 I will try the override and see what happens thanks for your time also. I'm new at this so I hope y'all can find it in your hearts to forgive me..

Comment

The automatic transfer function can fail to work for several reasons.

Failed electric oil pump.
          Clogged filter strainer.
          Kinked oil supply line.
          Wiring issue to the pump.
          Wiring issue to the remote tank sensor.
          Wiring issue to the computer.
          Computer failure.
          Other stuff.

As noted, the specific model of the motor is very beneficial. In some respects different models are similar. In other respects different models are completely different.

Comment

No worries, mate. Just keep in mind that in order to give good advice, there needs to be specific details. Nobody is there with you, so we can only go by the info you present. No matter how insignificant you think something is, go ahead and post it. Don't worry - we'll wade through the info that isn't relevant.
            2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
            1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
            X