No announcement yet.

2008 F60 Stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, maybe save another report when you know it's not at a high idle and warmed up. But if your above report was taken at a high idle, then it looks pretty normal imo. I would buy the service manual, check the linkage and check the fuel pressure.
    2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

The YDS 1.33 -has my service manual and all 1998-1913 manuals. I haven't become proficient in using it yet. I think it's the same program the dealers use. It's used to read all of your engine diagnostic codes and records, engine hours, activate low and high pressure fuel pumps, test individual injectors and ignition coils, set tilt-limit, deactivate most engine sensors for testing, view all sensor readings (TPS, IAC, battery voltage, charging voltage, rpm, oil pressure, MAP), stationary and static diagnostic tests, and more. All data can be saved to your computer. This Diagnostic kit works on Yamaha engines up to 2013.

Comment

Yes, I use YDIS 1.33 as well. But it doesn't activate the low pressure pump.. that's completely mechanical. Like I said, with respect to the fuel system, YDIS for this engine will only tell you if your injectors are ticking. With respect to the high-pressure pump, YDIS does exactly what key-on does: it turns on the pump for a few seconds to prime the high-pressure portion of the fuel system. But, like at key-on, you have to listen for the pump operation.. YDIS won't tell you that in a report. To get the fuel pressure, you have to measure it with a gauge attached either to the fuel rail (which is ideal) or the fitting on top of the VST.
        2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

I copied and pasted the info on the YDIS 1.33, and I guess some of the motors it can be used for have two electric fuel pumps, and therefore it can activate an electric lift pump if it has one. I watched a video today on U tube, the program they used was $7,000 and it looked like it did no more than the $60 one I bought. I talked to a friend today His has an electric shift on his 150HP. Anyhow I did more testing today. I did every test I could. I am pretty much convinced that my problem is the pressure regulator. It's vacuum actuated so no read out. All the test showed normal. Then I ran it up to 4,500 RPM for about 30 seconds pulled the throttle back quickly to idle , and it stalled. It restarted quickly though. I think the WD40 treatment I did might have had something to do with that. When I get a chance, in a few weeks I'll do the RPM test with a fuel pressure gauge attached to the schrader valve and see what happens. Who knows maybe the WD40 will have cured the problem completely by then. This might be one for the books. Thanks for all of your help with this problem. I'll post what I find when I get back.

Comment

So after much time and money, I took a 30 mile test cruse today. The motor ran perfectly.
            My friend who is a high performance engine builder was looking at the problem and said try upping the idle speed a little. I was willing to try anything. I took a 1/4 turn on the screw that says don't touch. That was it

Comment

Originally posted by kaliann1 View Post
              So after much time and money, I took a 30 mile test cruse today. The motor ran perfectly.
              My friend who is a high performance engine builder was looking at the problem and said try upping the idle speed a little. I was willing to try anything. I took a 1/4 turn on the screw that says don't touch. That was it
              Good for you!
              Thanks for posting back

Comment

Working...
              X