Sierra Lido Pro trim gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sierra Lido Pro trim gauge

Purchased trim gauge for my Yamaha 115 4 stroke, found connector under dash with Red wire, battery pos. Light blue wire, for trim up and Light green wire, for trim down.
    Cannot make gauge work. Instructions with gauge shows hooking up 1 transmitter wire only. Am I missing something or will the gauge not work?
    Connectors on rear of gauge has (s)-transmitter( I)-battery Pos. (G)-Ground But does states it will fit Yamaha newer than 2001.

you need the trim/oil harness between the engine and the gauge.
    its NOT part of the 10 pin main.
    the 12V positive will be from the keyswitch yellow wire,black is negative.
    now you need the pink and black from the 4 pin connector on the engine.
    the pink in the ign harness is for alarm. DO NOT hook it to the gauge.

Comment

Comment

Trim Guage hook-up Yamaha 115 4 stroke

Thanks to everyone, I will give it a try today.

Comment

115 Hp trim gauge hook up

I found the switch and the pink with black stripe wire in the engine. Cannot find that wire under dash. There is 2-4 pin connectors there under the dash but no pink with black stripe. Could they terminate that at the Shift Control?
          I have a 2004 Vectra (Smokercraft) S-19 deck boat.

Comment

The pink wire with the black tracer is not the trim signal wire.

The wire for the trim sender signal is pink with no tracer. The trim sender pink wire is within the trim/oil harness. It is not to be confused with the pink wire in the ten pin harness that is the ground for the warning horn.

What wire colours go to the connectors that you found under the dash? I bet that one of them is pink. Pink only. That will be the trim sender signal wire. That wire comes directly from the motor.

Do the wire colours look like these?

The other wires for the gauge (power and ground) come from the key switch.
            Last edited by boscoe99; 09-22-2014, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X