rpm issue. help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm issue. help please

Hey guys, I have a issue, i bought a 1988 115 eltd outboard, and after serious corrosion issues, rebuilt it with a new block from a 1990 115aeto. After fixing a cooling issue, i finally test ran it. Runs great until i try to open it up past half throttle, then it wont gain any more rpms. Ive racked my brain and came to this and want to see what yall think. Either the power pack is bad. One bank has strong fire and the other has weak fire. Or because the oiler has been disconnected, long before i got it i may add, and it missing some parts when i got it, ie starter, breather, and fuel pump. Maybe the oil level sensor not being hooked up at the pigtail, would the sensor not being hooked cause it to do this?

my guess is either the motor is going into RPM reduction,should get an audible.
    or you have fuel system issues.

Comment

Doubt fuel issue. Carbs have been thoroughly cleaned, all fuel lines have been replaced, and a new fuel filter and fuel pump. It seems like rpm reduction, and i know the buzzer works, just tested the temp sensors and it worked for them. But no alarms are going off for the oiler or lack there of. Runs perfect at idle all the way up till the magneto lever starts to seperate from the throttle lever
      Last edited by bigrig594; 09-07-2014, 10:13 PM.

Comment

then I would test the CDI output.
        if it passes fix the fuel system.

Comment

It was the power pack. Changed it and ot ran like a scolded dog.

Comment

Working...
          X