Intermittent starting.. fuel not getting thu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent starting.. fuel not getting thu

I have an 04 Yamaha 200 (sx200txrc) , which had been running great. The issue I have is that the motor is intermittently not starting due to lack of fuel. I spray ether into it, it fires up until the ether is consumed. I have replaced the high pressure filter which had some buildup on it. That did not solve the issue. This is an intermittent problem, but now I have a boat I can't trust. Any ideas on where to go next? When I got back in from being towed, my mechanic pulled the hose off the pressure regulator and it fired right up. We cleaned the regulator reinstalled it, but still have the same issue.

could be a lot of things.
    did the mechanic actually test the rail pressure at key on power ?
    could be loss of rail pressure,loss of injector voltage, many many things.
    look on that mechanics wall and see if there is a diploma for fuel systems and one for electrical systems.
    if not present find a tech.

Comment

I have been doing some troubleshooting on my own, with him, he is not certified, I have a mechanic coming Friday. Fired up the motor last night, it started normally, ran at idle for about 20 minutes, then it sputtered and died. There was no voltage at the high pressure pump,when key was switched on, hence no fuel pressure (had a pressure guage on the schraeder valve) Then after about 10 minutes, we tried again, heard the pump spin up, had voltage and pressure, it fired right up, and it wouldnt fail again. Thats where I am at,,,,

Thanks for your input,

Jim

Comment

you do realize that the pump ground path is con*****ed by the ECU.
        the pump 12V path is con*****ed by the main relay.
        if the motor stalls the ECU removes the ground path but 12V+ should still be present between the red pump lead and ground.

Comment

Working...
        X