Quiz for rodbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz for rodbolt

hello mate i need to know what has caused a late model maybe 25hour old engine Yamaha 60 to have the bottom piston and con-rod seized
    on opening the motor found the bottom gasket damaged
    could this be Yamaha installation error in factory
    this is customers engine
    under warranty though
    i have never seen one like this ever not this hour motor
    iam to do the whole short motor for him now
    ie replace the sleeve and all rings piston,con-rods and the lot of gaskets

this is my view
    i told the customer that maybe he had water restrictions on his intake and drove for sometime until the engine heated up and he then tilted the engine and the obstruction cleared
    he would have then started again and ran until the engine spitted and then stopped as by this time the water would have reached the bottom piston
    due to the damaged bottom gasket

his view
    no the engine ran fine and water was good and when he saw the water was pumping when he started
    he didn't check while he was running the engine if it did pump water
    he believes the engine ran fine after stopping until spitting and then stopped
    he thinks its manufactures fault or faulty gasket

Since i never had this problem in my last 45 years of being involved with outboard i couldn't argue with him but then its the customer who is always right
    i filled in the warranty form and claim for his repair but it kept on bugging me
    as to why it happened
    if it is the manufactures fault then we will be seeing a lot of complain but if it was this customers fault which i think it is then it will be a one of thing

what is your opinion on this boss

without seeing it, its hard to say.
    however parts assembled incorrectly,and it happens, typically show up in the first few hours of running.
    remember two stroke yamahas have not been imported to the US since 2010.

Comment

Working...
    X