oil not pumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil not pumping

I have a 2000 , 200HP HDPI, it has run flawlessly since new. here is what has happened , while underway the alarm went off, and engine slowed, I added oil to the remote tank restarted , same alarm!. removed cowl checked the engine mounted bottle and it had oil, , I then added oil to the engine oil bottle and the alarm silenced, ! what do I do to trouble shoot and fix this problem? Thanks

When you hit the manual switch, does the oil pump feed oil to the tank on the engine? can you hear the oil pump cycling on when you flip the switch? (may need a buddy to put their ear close to the tank)

You may simply have to replace the filter on the oil tank

You can also do a continuity test on the oil tank sensor if you have a meter handy. Obiously the sensor is working to tell you your oil is low and buzzing and putting you in limp mode. But the upper level of sensor tells the main tank oil its low and to turn the pump on.

[/URL]
    Last edited by Mdelgado; 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Thank you is the filter inside of the tank or external? also do you have a part # for the oil pump?

Comment

Its an inline filter between the tank and pump. Sorry don't have the #

Let us know how testing goes

Comment

Thanks I will !

Comment

As noted, first find out if the pump runs, or not, when the toggle switch override is pressed. Key needs to be turned to the on position.

If the pump runs and no oil flow, check the filter. If the pump does not run apply power directly to the pump. Does it now run? If not, replace the pump. If it does run inspect the wiring to the pump. Yellow wire and then a brown wire applies 12 volts. Blue wire applies the ground.

What are you seeing on your tachometer? It may be that the pump and all of its wiring plus the filter is in good condition. The sensor switch in the remote tank may be bad or there may be a problem with the wiring to and from that switch.

Do you know how to use a multi-meter? What is your level of trouble shooting skills?

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog

6E5-81900-01-00 YAMAHA MOTOR PUMP ASSY

Comment

Working...
            X