A question about Model numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question about Model numbers

Straight from the Engine decal, mine is a 15 MSHG...but all I can find is reference to MSH models.

Is there any significance to the "G"?

Complete engine ID is needed.

What country are you located in?

Comment

Looks like a European model 63W7, 2008. Should have serial number in the range 1058... onward.

Does it have a grey/blue metallic cover?

No idea what the G stands for though, but looks same as 15FMH or 15MSH Canadian model.

Comment

It has the blue-grey cover, and it was bought from a Canadian dealer.

I'll post the whole ID and SN when I get home later....

Comment

Here it is:

YAMAHA 15 MSHG
          684K S 1065706
          Manuf. 12/07

Comment

I'll hand this over to the experts now. I'm sure one of them will be able to give you more details :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Qwazert59 View Post
              Straight from the Engine decal, mine is a 15 MSHG...but all I can find is reference to MSH models.

Is there any significance to the "G"?
              You apparently are in Canada. Boats.net is a US Yamaha website. Yamaha USA is a US website.

Canada, being a different country than the USA, uses a different arrangement for model designations.

You are not going to find a model 15MSHG when looking at Yamaha USA websites. You will need to contact your Yamaha Canada dealer, who will have information pertaining to your specific Canadian Yamaha model.

People from all over the world stumble to boats.net and other Yamaha USA websites. They get frustrated when they cannot find their model. They want cheap prices. But, as noted, information at Yamaha USA websites only pertains to models that have been sold here in the US. All others should contact a dealer in their home country.

A Canadian 15MSHG appears to be one and the same as a US model 15MSH. If you are willing to gamble, you can buy parts for a US model 15MSH and install them on your 15MSHG.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X