No announcement yet.

Where is my WIF sensor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any USA model F150TLR/TXR with a production date of 04/06 (April 2006) or later would have come with a fuel filter cup that has the integral sensor. Any F150TLR/TXR prior to that date will have the fuel filter cup that does not have the sensor.

If your motor was sold by Yamaha USA then you can go to the Yamaha USA website and plug in your specific engine serial number into the parts catalog search. Then inspect the parts catalog. You will see the fuel filter cup with the sensor lead attached. It is all shown in the parts catalogs.

Two wires to the sensor.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        you know where Yamaha put the WIF sensor on a 09 and yours is not there.
        what do you not understand?
        Remember the old two by four that is needed to get attention? Why do I feel that?

Comment

Comment

That fuel bowl was never changed according to orig owner. Why is there an 06+ schematic as I posted above that has no wif on the bowl just like my one. Its the same filter setup

Comment

how is worriying about other motors going to help you?

you need to look for the wiring problem since you do not have a WIF sensor that could set the alarm

Comment

Originally posted by trescocos View Post
                That fuel bowl was never changed according to orig owner. Why is there an 06+ schematic as I posted above that has no wif on the bowl just like my one. Its the same filter setup
                The sensor was introduced in April 2006.

That leaves motors that were made in January, February and March of 2006 that did not, repeat did not, get the cup with the sensor. But those are 2005 production year motors however. Even if made in 2006.

What does a 2005 production year motor getting have to do with your 2008 or 2009 production year motor?

Do you want to find and fix your problem or do you want to tilt at windmills?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  how is worriying about other motors going to help you?

you need to look for the wiring problem since you do not have a WIF sensor that could set the alarm
                  Does the term getting wrapped around the axle come to mind here?

Comment

How am I supposed to know that there is an 05 prod year model with the bowl like I have that is listed under your 06+ models but it really isnt an 06 as you mentioned? Maybe you should wack me on the head with a 4x4 to jog my ESP.
                    my plaque says oct of 09 production.
                    I dug thru all the connectors below the filter bowl or cup and there is no loose plug. Other than one with 4 wires and factory type plugs in the pin sockets and another which has one big red hot wire.
                    pics attached. I guess if I knew what color code the wif sensor wires are then that might help.
                    I did notice the buzzer today and it is intermittent.
                    The fellow who I got boat from never did any mods. He is a friend.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Somebody, somewhere, f’d it up. And probably clipped/removed the two wires. Tragic. You can run and ignore it or fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                        Gotta love the jinglish. “Given to the wire harness”

Comment

My thoughts are find a service manual for you motor and see what the wiring diagram shows.
                          see if you can find the wires it shows at main connectors.and chase from there.
                          or hope someone with a motor just like yours sees you post and can say exactly where the connector come out of the main wiring harness

Comment

Originally posted by trescocos View Post
                            How am I supposed to know that there is an 05 prod year model with the bowl like I have that is listed under your 06+ models but it really isnt an 06 as you mentioned? Maybe you should wack me on the head with a 4x4 to jog my ESP.
                            my plaque says oct of 09 production.
                            I dug thru all the connectors below the filter bowl or cup and there is no loose plug. Other than one with 4 wires and factory type plugs in the pin sockets and another which has one big red hot wire.
                            pics attached. I guess if I knew what color code the wif sensor wires are then that might help.
                            I did notice the buzzer today and it is intermittent.
                            The fellow who I got boat from never did any mods. He is a friend.
                            The parts catalog is telling you that. If one will read and listen.

Post # 16 shows you the wire colours for the sensor. If you will read and listen.

Look at pin number 5 on the ECU. Is there a blue/white wire there?

What is the complete engine ID? Begins with the number 6.

Look at the ECU. It should show 63P and then some numbers or letters. What are they?

Comment

Well I guess we do not know if this is a Motor sold here in the USA, as you mentioned before Boscoe

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

The parts catalog is telling you that. If one will read and listen.

Post # 16 shows you the wire colours for the sensor. If you will read and listen.

Look at pin number 5 on the ECU. Is there a blue/white wire there?

What is the complete engine ID? Begins with the number 6.

Look at the ECU. It should show 63P and then some numbers or letters. What are they?
                                I am not sure what ‘lw’ color is? Assume other is black.
                                half the paper tag is missing on bracket. Here is a pic of the warranty card. Engine/boat combo sold new by large dealer in portland oregon. Not some ebay special. Maybe the s/n can help solve the mystery. When I know what colors to look for I’ll go yo the source. Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X