F150TXR 05/07 ISC issue? Rodbolt 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150TXR 05/07 ISC issue? Rodbolt 17

I have a F150 TXR 05/07, ran boat for an hour to island spot, after we hung out at island for an 30 minutes motor would not restart unless I squeezed primer bulb. I hooked up computer to engine (had code 29) and noticed that the ISC request was 30% at operating temp. At wide open throttle the ISC request will only go to as high as 40 percent. TPS is 0.693, fuel duration is 2.37 ms at idle. On a side note after running the motor for a while the temp on the computer will get as high as 176 degrees but shooting the temp sensor on top of the thermostat housing it reads 135 degrees, also the charcoal cannister seemed to be a bit restricted when I tried to blow air through it. So I am a little confused and think I may have several issues going on. Please help!!!
    Last edited by awaikart; 08-14-2014, 04:12 PM.

did you notice something?
    code 29 is an incorrect air pressure pressure signal.
    means the ECU isn't happy about whatever reading the MAP sensor is sending it.
    did you notice you posted a lot of meaningless data yet left out what the baro and map sensor readings were ?

how many hours had passed between when code 29 was set and the failure hours?
    can you clear the code?

Comment

Temperature sensor is top middle starboard side of block, that's the overheat switch you're pointing the gun at.
      176° Fahrenheit is fine

Comment

Code 29 was at 350.6 hours and the motor currently has 390 hours. I was able to clear code without it reoccuring. The baro pressure was 29.8 (currnet baro per weather channel) and the intrake pressure was 29.8 with key on power. While running at idle, the baro was 29.8 while the intake pressure was 13.2. I have since sync and linked motor this morning and now have the ISC request at 33-38%.

Comment

that ISC request is still a bit low.
          is the idle stable around 650 RPM?
          if you slowly increase the throttle does it stumble and stall?
          an engine backfire due to a clogged VST filter or a clogged injector screen can and will set code 29.
          as the code cleared its not currently active.

Comment

Working...
          X