94 225 Saltwater Overheat Alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 225 Saltwater Overheat Alarm

So on my port engine i sometime get the overheat buzzer. From what we can tell using a temp gun the motor is actually cooler than the starboard motor. I have read a bunch of threads on here about this but what seems different with mine is i can run the boat all day long and not have a problem with it. Next day every 10 mins it goes off. Before pulling the boat and doing a desalt treatment or even (gasp) pulling the heads what are a couple other things i can try to rule out?

2003 F90TLRB Testing Overheat system

Hi new to this , I have 2003 90 four stroke have had issue runs fine sometimes will run for 20 minutes not miss a step then like it detunes it's self or goes into limp mode. or surges then idle, then died. Started after several start attempts, Idled it up everything ok! Made it back to dock.
    I would like to test the Temp sensor to buzzer circuit. Buzzer works when tested, but does not seem to be in the system, or should say there is no buzzer when key is turned to run with or with out lanyard in place
    I'm trying to rule out the overheat as possible detuning problem
    Fresh non ethanol gas, new 10 micron filter, new water separator, drained the carbs, plugs fresh put in by previous owner, carbs rebuilt by yamaha dealer Ft. Myers Fl. by previous owner
    After this weekend in the Key's I replaced thermostat, Fuel pump diaphram, checked plugs for condition & gap everything looked ok

Would just like to make sure system is working as it should (over heat system)

Thanks any help will be appreciated
    sorry if I put this in wrong Place or jumped a post

Comment

Working...
    X