2002 f200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 f200

I am new to the site and im hoping that someone can help me out. I have a 2002 contender with twin f200's with about 1000 hours on them. I took it out today and had some problems that have me confused. Both motors cranked fine this morning and idled fine. We ran around 5 miles at 4500rpms and stopped to look for bait. When we came off plane my port motor started running rough and cut off. We cranked it back and it idled fine. Ran another 20 miles or so and same thing happened when I came off plane. It sounds like it is not getting enough fuel to stay running and cuts off. When it is cranked again it runs fine. Anybody have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I actually did change the gas tanks while I was running it today, sorry I should have said that in my original post. It does the same thing when it is running the from both tanks. I also changed the racors and there didn't appear to be any water in it. I also checked the bulb on the front on the engine and didn't see any water in it either.
    Last edited by lookin2hookup; 06-28-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

if your not having to pump the primer to restart I would not suspect fuel so much.
      I would look for a sticking ISC valve and correct TPS values.
      typically if the ISC is sticking it will get hot, over 205*F.
      not long after that it can take out the ECM and melt the ign coils.
      seen that a few times.

Comment

Working...
      X