Labyrinth Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labyrinth Removal

I'm currently tearing my yamaha 25 hp 2 stoke engine down do to having a bad labyrinth seal . Can someone direct me as the removal of the seal from the crankshaft ? Will I need to take to a machine shop ? Any help would be appreciated . The motor is a 1997 25hp ERLV

replacing the crank seals,other than the upper or lower, requires the crank be disassembled.
    I send mine to Carolinia machine and tool in wilminton NC.

Comment

Originally posted by medic5138 View Post
      I'm currently tearing my yamaha 25 hp 2 stoke engine down do to having a bad labyrinth seal . Can someone direct me as the removal of the seal from the crankshaft ? Will I need to take to a machine shop ? Any help would be appreciated . The motor is a 1997 25hp ERLV
      Rodbolt gave you the answer you were looking for,

but could you elaborate on the problem your motor was having and how you diagnosed it a a bad labyrinth seal?

Might help others find the problem with their motor, as we do not see this deduction very often

Comment

Initially the motor had an idle problem , choke float was adjusted and at the same time I dismantled and cleaned both carbs. After doing so and cranking engine she was running smooth until over heat alarm started to buzz. Of course the water pump needs replacing . Prior to the alarm the motor itself seemed to be starving for fuel . I took carbs off again . Compression was fine , however since the motor appeared to be not well taken care of I decided to dig a little deeper. Short story . After pulling the crank and inspecting . It's obvious previous "somebody" ran the engine hot. Checking the seals and bearing just by sight the Labyrinth seal is worn and the rubber that should be attached to the seal is not there. Well how about more like melted to the shaft. Thanks so much for the info. I live in southeast Ga . I'll be in search of a machine shop that can handle my crank.

Comment

as Wilmington NC is about a 5 hour drive from me, I use UPS.
          it delivers.
          have the head checked for warpage as well.

Comment

Working...
          X