200HP HPDI Help! Tom Beachum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200HP HPDI Help! Tom Beachum?

Hi, I’m new to this forum but was recommended to stop by from pstephens46. Hopefully I will learn some things on my own motor, a 2015 F250XCA and my daughter’s 200 HPDI.

My daughter bought a 2000 Grady White 209 Escape with a 2000 200HP HPDI engine with relatively low hours (approximately 300hours) and has been cleaning out the cob webs one by one. She had the engine serviced which included new plus, new fuel filter, new water/fuel separator, lower gear oil, and a couple of other things. The engine starting starving for fuel and her mechanic replaced the gaskets to the fuel pumps which cured that problem. Now her motor is stalling when pulling back to idle or reverse. Any ideas? What other preventative maintenance items should we look at doing to keep this engine going for her? By the way, she is in Greenville, NC and I am in Greensboro, NC. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Moving to front of line. Clear the way

Comment

Could be a shift cable adjustment, shift cut switch.

Comment

Originally posted by walleye1 View Post
        Could be a shift cable adjustment, shift cut switch.
        There is a lot of travel to get back to neutral from idle speed and even more to go to reverse. Can you adjust those or is that just a stretched old cable?

What at is a shift cut switch?

Can you increase the RPM’s for neutral?

Thanks!

Comment

If I was you I'd have a yamaha service manual for the engine. I'd also replace the shift and throttle cables.

Comment

OP may want to put Rodbolt 17 in the title instead of his name to get his attention.
            But I forgot that the edit is not available

Comment

Bump dammit.

Comment

I was editing like a fool yesterday.

I can still edit today.
                If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

see if you can edit one of your posts after about an hour

Comment

1 hour limit

Comment

Bump for Rodbolt and his morning coffee?

Comment

maybe he does not like his real name used on an open forum

Comment

Beacham.
                          nope I don't mind my name used.
                          I just get busy sometimes.
                          I have 3 weeks to have more .41 swiss,8mmlebel,8x57,7x57,30-40 krag aand a few .45 avp rounds loaded.
                          next cowboy shoot will be with military bolt actions and 1911 pistol.

monitor all fuel pressures when it is running poorly. I replace lift pumps about every 3 years cause they don't live forever and can blow a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                            maybe he does not like his real name used on an open forum
                            He does not mind his name being used. His address is something different.

Rumor has it that many jealous husbands are on the lookout for this dude. He tells the wife he is off shooting. Just not guns.

Comment

that is why I carry

Comment

Working...
                              X