2001 VX225TLRZ trim gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 VX225TLRZ trim gauge

It stopped working and I bought a replacement gauge. I checked all the wiring under the dash and it all seems fine, getting 12.4 volts, etc. I put the new gauge in and it doesn't respond either.

Does anyone know where might be the next place to check? I know its not a huge deal but I am one of those people that prefer to have everything work on the boat that is supposed to work. I don't care how old the boat is, it should work

Any help is appreciated.

The Crusher

myself, first I would have tested the sender and looked for a broken sender cam.
    however that's just me.
    I have to many rifle bullets and such to buy that I would not waste money by simply chunking parts.

Comment

sending unit or wiring

Comment

So, where would one look for a broken sender cam? I'm pretty handy but much of this terminology is new to me. This motor and boat have been flawless for the last 12 years. I'm really good about annual maintenance and preventative maintenance but I have never had to do any troubleshooting before.

Some specifics would be helpful.

Thank you for the fast response, it is really appreciated.

The Crusher

Comment

Look around the tilt tube area.

Trim system, fuel quantity system it is almost always the sender. If not the sender then it will be the sender.

Comment

Thank you - I will go check it right now!

Comment

I think you nailed it. Item #1 in the image appears to be broken. When I push on the lever with my finger, the trim gauge responds perfectly. That ring is split and doesn't stay in place when the motor is tilting down on to it. I have the schematic for the motor but what is the part name or number if you have it.

This is awesome - Thank you so much!

Comment

2001 VX225TLRZ Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

check first as you want the metal replacement

while youre at it pack some grease around the spring on sender

Comment

Got it ordered. Thank you all very much. Such a simple thing.

The Crusher

Comment

Working...
                  X