Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225FETX 2011 ecu

Hey!
    I have a 2011 F225FETX with the 300 hp ecu, and i have now bought a 2018 F225FETX.

My question is: can i transfer the engine control unit to my new 2018 engine? No dealers in my area are willing to answere any questions i have about this.. in 2011, a dealer mounted the 300 ecu for me, when i asked if it was possible to get more out of it, and i have driven the engine fault free for 700 hrs since 2011..

I can see that the last partpnumbers on the ecu from 2011 is 00 and on the 2018 it's 22, what does this mean? Is the part changed (sw/hw)?

Thanks in advance!

what makes you think it is a 300HP ECU?

what makes you think you got more out of the old 225 by changing that ECU?

If you wanted a 300 why did you buy a 225?

Complete part numbers might help someone look up some of the parts

Comment

Gonna need the numbers on the ECU's. There will be a prefix is front of the dash number. We will cut you some slack since you are new here but in the future, at any website, you need to be specific as to what motors are under discussion.

Also will need the engine ID for your old and new motor. We here in the USA don't have the specific models that you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
        what makes you think it is a 300HP ECU?

what makes you think you got more out of the old 225 by changing that ECU?

If you wanted a 300 why did you buy a 225?

Complete part numbers might help someone look up some of the parts
        There seem to be two general kinds of Yamaha owner's. Those that are cheap and buy less HP than desired and then try to get more out of it as cheaply as they can. Then there are those that buy a maximum HP model but then are cheap and won't use the grade of gasoline that will let the motor develop the amount of HP they paid for. Strange IMO.

Comment

only real way to know the HP increased would be hooking the motor up to a dyno to test run it.

or you can take the sugar pill and see if it makes you feel a lot better

Comment

Will provide more exact model numbers when i get a chance, sorry for not being specific! I think i will recieve the new boat with the 2018 engine in a week or two, and we are going to change back to the 225 ecu on the 2011 one this weekend.

The reason i chose to do this ecu swap was that i had already bought the boat with the engine on it, and i was talking to a drunk dealer who told me that the 225, 250 and 300 versions at the time had all the same internals, and the only difference was the ecu.. When i bought this engine, Norway had an HP tax of 120 usd per hp, and a year later the tax was removed, so i saw no drawback with this method. The prices for everything with a motor is INSANE in this contry...The dealer gave me full warranty.

Another reason for not getting the 300 motor right away was that the boat manufacturer and dealer didnt want to sell this boat with this much horsepower, but the drunk dealer agreed to do the ecu swap as long as it had 225 stickers on it and we told noone.. We had contact with the factory of the boats directly because we wanted the 350hp V8 outboard, and the factory did tests with it with the intention of finding out if it was possible. They did not allow us to do this because the boat did over 60 knots and became very unstable. They told us that the weight and torque of this setup would be ok, but if you push it to the limit, the boat just wasnt made for the speed.

I do not know that i have 300 hp, but with the old ecu, the boat did 51 knots, and with the new one it did 59, and i have owned 2 boats with basicly the same hull with 200 and 250 before. the 200 one did 45 knots and the 250 one did 54. This is why i think it is reasonable that i now have 300 hp.

Thank you for answering! (No need to be toxic!)

Comment

Within certain models the only difference in the HP ratings is the ECU. The 4.2 liter Offshore model for instance. What are known as models F225XCA/F250X(U)CA/F300X(U)CA over here. I suspect that is what you are talking about. But it needs to be confirmed. By engine ID or ECU numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                Within certain models the only difference in the HP ratings is the ECU. The 4.2 liter Offshore model for instance. What are known as models F225XCA/F250X(U)CA/F300X(U)CA over here. I suspect that is what you are talking about. But it needs to be confirmed. By engine ID or ECU numbers.
                He's right. You can vary the hp just on the ecu sometimes. The ecu controls the fuel injector pulse time duration.

I didn't know the range was as wide as 225 to 300 though.

But I mean look at the parts explosion. Same crank, rods, pistons, heads, valves etc .

Comment

did you run the same prop on the 300 as the 225 or was it changed to a bigger or different pitch?

if same prop maybe the ecu allows more RPM at top end to get the extra speed?

gear box changes and exhaust tuner changes can also be needed to increase HP or to use that extra HP depending on prop

not only more fuel is needed , more air is needed also to mix with that fuel to create to create more HP
                  Last edited by 99yam40; 03-30-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X