Multifunction Speedometer Troubleshooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multifunction Speedometer Troubleshooting

I have a 1991 225 TXRP on a 1986 Mako 224 with the multifunction tach and speedometer. I believe they are the same year as the engine. I am trying to troubleshoot the speedometer because I am getting false readings on the fuel level. The sender appears to be perfectly fine mechanically. In the fuel tank area, I have a dark green wire, blue wire, black wire and red wire that are currently not connected to the sender just hanging out next to it. It appears the gauge on the sender is purely mechanical as it has no wire connections for the speedometer (it looks like it was replaced with a mechanical gauge).

My questions are:

1. Can I replace the mechanical gauge with a universal electric sender and hook it up to these connections, which I am assuming go the speedometer gauge?

2. Any ideas on what colors are what? I am assuming black is ground and red goes to the sender but I am at a loss for the blue and dark green.

Many thanks.

Connect a wire(normally Pink wire) between sender post on fuel sender and White/blue wire on speedometer and connect a ground wire between fuel sender base and ground post on battery to make fuel gauge in speedomter to work.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Yamaha Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X