1991 200hp txrp oil injection switch on ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 200hp txrp oil injection switch on ecu

Noticed today that the 2+- gal. Oil Tank doesn't fill up the power head oil tank when it is low with the key in the on position ,neither does the switch on the side of the ecu .When I try to manually fill the power head oil tank via the switch , the alarm sounds . The alarm also sounds when the power head tank is low but does not activate the 2+- gal. Oil tank to pump oil to refill the power head oil tank thinking about disabling this vro . Any help would be appericiated

I would fix the system.
    I have seen more premix motors fried due to improper oil/fuel mix than precision blend models that are maintained.

Comment

Tested the pump on the 2-+ gal. Tank ,pump is good so maybe the float switch in the 2 gal oil tank is bad .

Comment

or wiring could be a problem.
        Need to test it all

If switch does not work and motor does then ground is a problem

Comment

if the switchor wiring for the remote tank is bad your going to get a yellow lamp or center bar flashing on the tach.

Comment

The pump motor only works if I connect it directly to bat power.
            When I hit the Manuel switch the alarm sounds. The alarm will also stop if I unplug the four pin connector from 2gal tank

Comment

If you are getting an alarm when you activate the emergency oil transfer switch then you have a wiring issue. That might also explain why the oil is automatically being transferred when needed.

Comment

I suggest you do a quick search on here, this has been covered top to bottom, sideways and upside down a thousand times and is easily diagnosed if you FOLLOW the steps, do not go jumping all over the place.

Comment

do some forum searchs on precision blend, I have posted enough for a lifetime on how it works.
                  its a stupidly simple system yet it kicks techs booty.
                  the 90-95 2.6Lv6 also uses a trim signal for automatic transfer.
                  if you get an alarm when toggling the manual switch you have wireing or ECU issues.
                  my bet will be wireing.

Comment

Great I love wiring!

Comment

I had a bad wire connection in the 4 wire plug at the tank on mine. I ended up replacing the Deutch plug with a 4 wire flat trailer light connector. I had trouble getting it crimped properly and soldered the wires with heat shrink and dielectric grease.

Yes I know you should never solder wires on a boat or it will immediately sink.

Comment

Originally posted by eddy2419 View Post
                        I had a bad wire connection in the 4 wire plug at the tank on mine. I ended up replacing the Deutch plug with a 4 wire flat trailer light connector. I had trouble getting it crimped properly and soldered the wires with heat shrink and dielectric grease.

Yes I know you should never solder wires on a boat or it will immediately sink.
                        I am a contrarian. I solder all of my connections. Despite what the naysayers may say.

Some will say that the connection will be brittle and prone to breakage. Might be so if the wire is not fully supported and allowed to flex and dangle. But that is a poor installation issue, not a solder issue.

My experience has been that more problems result from poor connectivity than from a soldered joint breakage. Soldering promotes connectivity and reduces the likelihood of corrosion within the wire itself.

Look a Yamaha battery cables. They are soldered to the connector. Look at the innards of almost any electronic device. Lots of soldered joints inside.

Maybe it is the folks that don't know how to solder, or to properly install wiring, and who then have soldered joint issues, are the ones who decry the use of solder.

Now let's not bring up the use of non-tinned wire in a marine application. I have never seen any Yamaha wire that was tinned. It is plain copper. Green is its favorite colour.

Comment

Check your inline filter

I had this same problem right next to the oil tank there is an inline filter that was clogged enough to make the pump on the tank not deliver. replace or bypass it temporarily to test.

Comment

Working...
                          X