Yamaha outboard hesitates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Well, it's not accurate in any event. You can't have both systems on the same engine.

It's one or the other..

FI (as you know), doesn't need a choke, or a Prime Start solenoid, it's all computer con*****ed ..

Walleye1, did you get a response from admin?
    as Boscoe said it is just what Yamaha calls automatic cold start assist.
    operator does not have to do anything to make it work

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Well, it's not accurate in any event. You can't have both systems on the same engine.

It's one or the other..

FI (as you know), doesn't need a choke, or a Prime Start solenoid, it's all computer con*****ed ..

Walleye1, did you get a response from admin?
      Don't you have an F150? Yamaha sez your model has PrimeStart.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

as Boscoe said it is just what Yamaha calls automatic cold start assist.
        operator does not have to do anything to make it work
        It messed with my mind when I first read about it. Took me a while to absorb it.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
          Don't you have an F150? Yamaha sez your model has PrimeStart.
          I’ve often marveled at the convenience of the long oil dip stick tube.

Comment

I'd like to find that prime start on my 06 F150...

Can anyone point it out??

Is it near the muffler bearing??

Scott
            1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Its location is top secret. If we told you we would have to kill you.

shhhh. Don't let on that it is hiding within the ECU. You did not hear that from me.

pstephens46 is the dirty disclosing rat. Or so I was told. I am just repeating THT facts. From where he hangs out.

Comment

Its location is top secret. If we told you we would have to kill you.

shhhh. Don't let on that it is hiding within the ECU. You did not hear that from me. I didn't hear nothing..

pstephens46 is the dirty disclosing rat. Or so I was told. I am just repeating THT facts. From where he hangs out.
                I know he's, quote, : "marveled at the convenience of the long oil dip stick tube."

That, IS concerning....Not that there's anything wrong with it...
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

I’ve often marveled at the convenience of the long oil dip stick tube.
                  Are you jealous that you did not come up with the idea?

Comment

It messed with my mind when I first read about it. Took me a while to absorb it.
                    Prime start reminds me of the old 35 Johnson or maybe Evenruid I had that when you pushed the key in a squirt of fuel was injected into the carb throat.
                    if the electric part went bad you had a lever you could move to do the same thing once you pulled the cowling off to get to it.
                    there was no choke plates as far as I remember

now that was a prime start

now a days the Ecus decide when to just fog the extra fuel into the intakes when needed for cold start

Comment

Comment

Are you jealous that you did not come up with the idea?
                        I’m really jealous my motor does not have the key F425 feature of FIVE fuel pumps.

Comment

I’m really jealous my motor does not have the key F425 feature of FIVE fuel pumps.
                          And what is the Multi Change Monitoring System mentioned above?

Comment

And what is the Multi Change Monitoring System mentioned above?
                            Change is good. It is monitored to make sure that it is happening.

Comment

Working...
                            X